What's new

The Rubberset 400 Club

EB Newfarm

Cane? I'm Able!
Right, I'm probably going to keep it as is just to keep it original. The yellowish older knot is actually coming back to life. I've used it half a dozen times and it gets softer with each use.

mine originally looked like the one on it's side. I don't know how you could use the knot, it felt like un-boiled spaghetti lol.

+1 that's how mine felt plus bits was breaking off all the time, so it had to go but I got both of my knots from Larry at whipped dog. And I must say the boar started splitting from the first use.....

Well I have my third one on route bought it last night and it looks to be un numbered

It will go with these 2
20180111_150910.jpg

This is the one on route
s-l1600.jpg
5.jpg

EB Newfarm

Cane? I'm Able!
Sweet! Will you try to use the knot, or will you replace it with something else? I mean, a guy needs a badger, boar, synthetic, horse, mixed badger boar, original historic knot, what is that 6, no, 7? A guy needs 7 Rubberset 400s....

Sweet! Will you try to use the knot, or will you replace it with something else? I mean, a guy needs a badger, boar, synthetic, horse, mixed badger boar, original historic knot, what is that 6, no, 7? A guy needs 7 Rubberset 400s....

I'm going to try the knot as the last 2 bits kept snapping off, If I do have to reknot then I'm going with a 2 band Manchurian.
As I have a silvertip and Boar, But I will never put a synthetic knot in as I dont like them enough.
But I must admit I do like a horse so that could be the next one I do.

Is that one the Razorock 400's as I have not seen one yet, but I have heard good things about them.
No - this is a brush I had made, the Alpha T-400. The Razorock brushes are good value and come with a reasonable synthetic knot. They are good value at about 20 bucks or so plus shipping and tax. The main differences are:-

• The T-4oo is a true 2-piece brush {photo below} in that the ferrules are interchangeable - a slave to the original Rubberset 400. So you can have multiple knots on the same handle. I also put some photos of the T-400 with a badger and a boar knot. This one above that I use all the time now is a blond horse hair knot
  • The Razorock has a very soft sheen finish - not really shiny. T-400 - nice and shiny and smooth as a babies butt
  • The T-400 has that indent in the base like the original Rubberset - very "flat" bottomed as opposed to the razorock rounded off bottom
  • The T-400 has deeper flutes than the Razorock - IMHO easier to grip
  • The T-400 is finished better - edges are broken and altogether a bit smoother.
Now, would I favor one over the other? Of course I would as I am the "Daddy" of the T-400, however they are all great brushes and good tributes to the Rubberset 400. I also own the Razorock plastic version in butterscotch resin - way way too light in my opinion.

Well it arrived today here she is, and yes it's un numbered and I think might try this know as is. This one feels soft and nothing is breaking off....
1.jpg
4.jpg

After sanding the main body to remove the light pitting still a bit more to go

20180725_182347.jpg

A quick polish on the main not sure as yet with the knot but it did go softer in water

20180725_184103.jpg

But still some more to go I will update as I go along....

Well I gave up on my Angel Hair knot. It was just too big. When it splayed it went EVERYWHERE. I ordered a Two Band Yaqi knot from Ali Express and a Whipped dog Silvertip. I am going to put one in the 400 and one in another handle I acquired recently.

Right now its done and sporting red for the moment, till I can make my mind up if I should go with the Manchurian knot. here she is on the left..

20180727_155252.jpg

KeenDogg

Slays On Fleek - For Rizz
Hi Adam its a Boar that I got from whipped dog
Nice. I think that may be the direction I go when it's time. Are the tips getting soft on it? I have an omega pro that has tips like silk and I'm hoping for the same thing.

Kindly,
Adam

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Nice. I think that may be the direction I go when it's time. Are the tips getting soft on it? I have an omega pro that has tips like silk and I'm hoping for the same thing.

Kindly,
Adam

Yes the ends started splitting the first shave and it keeps getting better and TBH it's lost 2 hairs in the last month very impressed with it but I want to try to keep the original knot as well but sadly it is lose in the handle so I'm going to try to remove and refit

I took out my synthetic and put a two band badger bulb in. I used it this morning and it is very very nice. I didn't put enough silicone in though and it came loose while i was drying it so I need to operate again.

KeenDogg

Slays On Fleek - For Rizz
Yes the ends started splitting the first shave and it keeps getting better and TBH it's lost 2 hairs in the last month very impressed with it but I want to try to keep the original knot as well but sadly it is lose in the handle so I'm going to try to remove and refit
Good luck! I guess I'm going to have to read through this thread because this happened yesterday......[emoji16]
proxy.php
proxy.php

Top Bottom