What's new

The Rubberset 400 Club

I had dinner at my parents house last weekend and mentioned to my Dad that I started wetshaving a month or two ago. He tells me that he still has my Great-Grandfathers shaving set and that I could have it. Turns out the razor is a 1950 Super Speed with the red/clear case; and the brush is a Rubberset 400 #3. I cleaned up the Super Speed and have been using it all week, it shaves awesome I love it. I will definitely need to clean up the brush and put a new knot in it before I use it. I haven't tried to restore or re-knot any brushes yet as this is still a very new hobby for me, I'll probably practice on a couple before I try to do this one.
20181112_182633 (1).jpg 20181112_182648.jpg

KeenDogg

Slays On Fleek - For Rizz
I had dinner at my parents house last weekend and mentioned to my Dad that I started wetshaving a month or two ago. He tells me that he still has my Great-Grandfathers shaving set and that I could have it. Turns out the razor is a 1950 Super Speed with the red/clear case; and the brush is a Rubberset 400 #3. I cleaned up the Super Speed and have been using it all week, it shaves awesome I love it. I will definitely need to clean up the brush and put a new knot in it before I use it. I haven't tried to restore or re-knot any brushes yet as this is still a very new hobby for me, I'll probably practice on a couple before I try to do this one.
View attachment 928940 View attachment 928941
That is an awesome heirloom! Plenty of good info here to restore it. We are here to answer your questions too!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

KeenDogg

Something is a-brewing in the Keendogg household......Stay tuned!

Well I have done it again just found this and bought it, that's number 4 and I dont know if this one has a number on it...
1.jpg
3.jpg

And it will join these 3

20180727_155252.jpg

I might put a synthetic knot in it as I was impressed with a blood knot, now I just have to wait for it to arrive....

KeenDogg

Very nice, Ian! I too have acquired one. I was hoping for a big reveal, but it is being a bugger. Lots of casting Mark's. I am getting it though. Happy Sanding!

Very nice, Ian! I too have acquired one. I was hoping for a big reveal, but it is being a bugger. Lots of casting Mark's. I am getting it though. Happy Sanding!

I had that with the first one I was at it days, they was like tiny air bubbles but when I stopped using the dremel and went to hand polishing they went.

KeenDogg

I had that with the first one I was at it days, they was like tiny air bubbles but when I stopped using the dremel and went to hand polishing they went.
I'm going by hand. 150 right now. Once I get the neck sorted out, I'm gonna start with the 220 wet.

yes change the water for wd40 spray the handle and wet and dry with it then sand, or use water as normal but before you sand just wipe the wet and dry over a bar of soap then sand...

KeenDogg

Ok. I'm almost clear about it. What does "Wet and Dry" mean?

Top Bottom