What's new

Safety Razor Acquisition Thread.

Canadian single ring. I have no idea how to date these from Canada but I've heard they are awesome shavers! The box is in pretty bad shape but I'm not complaining!
proxy.php
proxy.php

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Superb! Looks great in this box. Congrats!

Oh, found this mint-looking Super Speed by the same seller from whom I purchased my '74 model. It's beyond my price range, but if anyone is interested, here's the link.

Busy as a bee, gents... but here you have one of my latest acquisitions... BRIT. PAT. SR, no arrow, German vendor... very nice...

Still to be cleaned up though...

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

Not bad-looking at all! I think an adjustable will be my final safety razor acquisition, but I'm torn between a Gillette, a Merkur Progress, and a Parker Variant.
Thank you :)

I've never tried a Progress but have a Futur, Variant and Fatboy in the collection. Between them I find myself reaching for the Fatboy most often. The other two are both beautiful razors but IMO not without their issues. I have a heavy hand and continue to struggle to "let the razor" do the work and with the Futur & Variant being fairly weighty I usually end up nicking myself. They also have fairly big heads making it a little tricky to get under the nose.

Busy as a bee, gents... but here you have one of my latest acquisitions... BRIT. PAT. SR, no arrow, German vendor... very nice...

Still to be cleaned up though...

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php
Stunning! Terrific score, and in a box in that great of shape!

At least you have a week to return it if you're unable to observe the terms of the License! (I wonder why they would capitalize License, Limited License, and Patent?)

As if I need another razor..... just couldn't pass ,[emoji16]
proxy.php

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
Not bad. As I understand it, MTO sells a lighter version of the Weishi 9306, but I can't verify that. Does it at least come with sharper blades than the Van der Hagen rebrand?

I’ve been looking around for a Gillette Slim recently and purchased one from a store on Etsy trading out of the States, which I am currently waiting on arriving here in the UK. It was a fare price at £37 considering I’ve seen them selling over here for £50/£60 ish.

So whilst waiting for it to arrive over the last couple of days I stumbled across a guy selling a “Vintage Wilkinson Sword Razor Set” (pictured below) and he wanted £60.

proxy.php

I thought it worth taking a chance politely pointing out he didn’t have a WS set, but that some one had stored an old Gillette Razor in a WS box. As this wasn’t technically a set I offered to take it off his hands for £15 plus postage [emoji51] and he happily sold it me.

It arrived tonight and I’ve cleaned it up ready for use tomorrow morning! My first vintage Gillette, appears to be 1963 (I3) at an absolute steal, which I’m really happy with. Looking forward to using it and here she is...

proxy.php

Now just waiting on the other one arriving that is in its original case.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I’ve been looking around for a Gillette Slim recently and purchased one from a store on Etsy trading out of the States, which I am currently waiting on arriving here in the UK. It was a fare price at £37 considering I’ve seen them selling over here for £50/£60 ish.

So whilst waiting for it to arrive over the last couple of days I stumbled across a guy selling a “Vintage Wilkinson Sword Razor Set” (pictured below) and he wanted £60.

proxy.php

I thought it worth taking a chance politely pointing out he didn’t have a WS set, but that some one had stored an old Gillette Razor in a WS box. As this wasn’t technically a set I offered to take it off his hands for £15 plus postage [emoji51] and he happily sold it me.

It arrived tonight and I’ve cleaned it up ready for use tomorrow morning! My first vintage Gillette, appears to be 1963 (I3) at an absolute steal, which I’m really happy with. Looking forward to using it and here she is...

proxy.php

Now just waiting on the other one arriving that is in its original case.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

An excellent deal!! This Slim Adjustable seems to be in perfect condition.
That old, wooden Wilkinson Sword case looks great too.

Top Bottom