What's new

Safety Razor Acquisition Thread.

nikonNUT

The "Peter Hathaway Capstick" of small game
The 17G showed up last night. Now where did I put that spare brush?
proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

Case is better than I thought, honestly. Well pleased with #12!

nikonNUT

Canadian single ring. I have no idea how to date these from Canada but I've heard they are awesome shavers! The box is in pretty bad shape but I'm not complaining!
proxy.php
proxy.php

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

nikonNUT

If you find any more brushes, I need 2 of them. Thank you in advance. :001_302:

Will do, sir! I made an offer on a Traveler set a while back. The case was trashed but it had a blade bank, both canisters, the brush, and the mirror so I grabbed it for parts.

nikonNUT

Canadian single ring. I have no idea how to date these from Canada but I've heard they are awesome shavers! The box is in pretty bad shape but I'm not complaining!
proxy.php
proxy.php

Great looking set! Congrats and there aren't many with the lather flap surviving so I think the case looks plenty good!!!

proxy.php
proxy.php

Very nice. I think the case looks pretty good for it's age.

1974 Gillette Black Handle Super Speed DE Safety Razor U4, ordered this morning from the 'bay. It's my birth year, so I wanted to get it while it was still available. I also snatched up a vintage Old Spice shaving mug. Moohoohaha!

1974 Gillette Black Handle Super Speed DE Safety Razor U4, ordered this morning from the 'bay. It's my birth year, so I wanted to get it while it was still available. I also snatched up a vintage Old Spice shaving mug. Moohoohaha!
Birth year razors are special - congrats! I was pleasantly surprised at how smooth and efficient the Black Handle SS is. For some reason, I got the impression they were the black sheep of the SS family, but they're awesome shavers.
Congrats on the OS mug, too! My first one sent me down the rabbit hole of collecting vintage OS mugs, decanters, beer steins, etc. The best finds have been bottles and decanters that still contain vintage Shulton Old Spice.

Top Bottom