What's new

Safety Razor Acquisition Thread.

Barbasol knock off?

proxy.php
proxy.php
proxy.php

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Hello,

I like the improvised repair of the box, judging from the photos it could be saved, but it's also nice in it's current state, imho.
The razor has the Canadian patents but the case states "Old type" so I think the razor was produced while the original patents were in force, but the case later, after the patents expired.

Adam
I noticed the patent numbers on the razor and know they stopped that in 21 I think but, like you said, it states "old type" so that's why I don't know how to date it.

Maybe the Canadian market was different for patents than the U.S. ? Do you think it may have been an earlier razor that was just put in the case or do you think Gillette did this from the factory?

Here's some of my recent acquisitions. Another Slim, a NEW SC clone, some Wilkinson bonded blades to complete my set, a nylon travel brush made in Canada, a full decanter of Old Spice, and an empty Barbasol jar because I thought it was cool and I can use it to display with my Barbasol FH razor.

2018-01-10 18.20.10.jpg

2018-01-10 18.24.21.jpg

Gillette Aristocrat Junior. Set n.51. Made in England.

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

This is a gorgeous box! I love it! And I like the sticker on the back side from "Maison Bleuler, 12 Rue du Marché, Genève". Produced in England and sold in Geneva/Switzerland. Nice add to its history.

Yes Sir! One of the many Barbasol non-floating head clones out there. I have the same one. Make sure the top cap is flat and not bowed - all three of the clones I bought had a bent top cap. Here are my clones.
proxy.php
Cool! I'm pretty sure the top cap is straight. I loaded a blade up and it was straight as an arrow. Surprised me actually how straight it was. I just cleaned it up but I haven't shaved with it yet so I'm not sure what to expect but I know it looks an awful lot like my Fatip Testina Gentile.

Well, I don't feel like I'm up to par with everyone else's finds lately (superb finds everyone!!), but I had a pretty good haul today:
IMG_20180115_223901.jpg

A Start 1912 on a "thread tapper" handle, a post war Tech on an ABC (??) handle, a Red Tip (I have one already, but couldn't resist this one for $5!!), a Shick E2 (again, I already have one, but I couldn't resist the marbling of the Bakelite on this handle), an old Shick blade injector, a Schick Repeating razor (C model, I think), a glass Lilac Vegetal bottle, with a couple doses of the good stuff remaining, an Old Spice Ship Decanter, and a couple of nice cigar boxes I'm going to try to outfit for my GEM/ER/Star SE razors.

IMG_20180115_223921.jpg

Here are the razors up close. I haven't cleaned anything yet. There appears to be a crack on one side of the Shick Repeater, but I don't think it will hurt anything.

IMG_20180115_224123.jpg

...and here's a close-up of the handle that was attached to the Tech. I thought it was maybe an ABC handle from Old Type, but I haven't been able to find one exactly like it on Mr Razor's site, yet. There's one that close, but it doesn't have the double ring configuration at the neck and the detailing on the ball is a little different. If anyone can identify this handle, I'd muchly appreciate it!

Well, I don't feel like I'm up to par with everyone else's finds lately (superb finds everyone!!), but I had a pretty good haul today:
View attachment 852923
A Start 1912 on a "thread tapper" handle, a post war Tech on an ABC (??) handle, a Red Tip (I have one already, but couldn't resist this one for $5!!), a Shick E2 (again, I already have one, but I couldn't resist the marbling of the Bakelite on this handle), an old Shick blade injector, a Schick Repeating razor (C model, I think), a glass Lilac Vegetal bottle, with a couple doses of the good stuff remaining, an Old Spice Ship Decanter, and a couple of nice cigar boxes I'm going to try to outfit for my GEM/ER/Star SE razors.

View attachment 852922
Here are the razors up close. I haven't cleaned anything yet. There appears to be a crack on one side of the Shick Repeater, but I don't think it will hurt anything.

View attachment 852921
...and here's a close-up of the handle that was attached to the Tech. I thought it was maybe an ABC handle from Old Type, but I haven't been able to find one exactly like it on Mr Razor's site, yet. There's one that close, but it doesn't have the double ring configuration at the neck and the detailing on the ball is a little different. If anyone can identify this handle, I'd muchly appreciate it!
I think that's a great haul! Those repeaters are tough for me to locate and that injector has one of the coolest patterns on the handle I've seen! Great scores!

Top Bottom