What's new

2nd Annual “I Miss Christmas” (PIF Giveaway Game, Round 7)

Question for Billy: In my goodie box there was a small container of something labeled "Turkish Eucalyptus Cream." Is this a Pre/Post-shave treatment? Facial cleanser? Can you provide some direction RE: how to use it?

Thanks again for thinking of me.

Here is the group photo of all of my goodies from @aspirin54.
Once again, I would like to thank you for the very excellent and thoughtful choices of gifts you selected. You are a very intuitive individual. - I used the D.R. Harris shave stick on Sunday before I posted and I very much like this soap. It will certainly take a place in my regular rotation. I will be taking it with me when I travel for work on Wednesday
proxy.php

Last edited:
Well, here we go. This is my first time every posting a video to youtube. I know I'm a little low key during the video, but I had just gotten home from a long day at work, including a 5 hour workshop/meeting in the afternoon. I really do love evertything that was sent over and I will be using it all. Thanks to my buddy - I think it's Roderick. The filming was done by my 10 year old son, assisted by my 9 year old daughter, so sorry for the occasional cut off of my head and the shaky hands.

Here is everything together:

Thank you again, Roderick. Everything is wonderful and I look forward to trying it all out. I think I'll be making one of the teas for breakfast this morning.

Last edited by a moderator:
Question for Billy: In my goodie box there was a small container of something labeled "Turkish Eucalyptus Cream." Is this a Pre/Post-shave treatment? Facial cleanser? Can you provide some direction RE: how to use it?

Thanks again for thinking of me.

Hi Lane, you are most welocome.

The Turkish Mint is an aftershave balm, I use it instead of any other post shave lotion and find it works well. Apply a little all over face/neck and you should be feeling Minty!!

Best of luck.

Love the Jinhao ... glad a fellow FP addict got a little Nib lovin!

An update on my goodies ... so among the samples was a sample of B&M Black Label Lavender. However when I opened it it was unmistakably mint -- or more accurately the Rosemary and Peppermint Black Label. I LOVE mint, so I used it yesterday and it was amazing. Nicely cooling and of course that great B&M performance, even with subpar lather because I'm not used to lathering off a sample jar. I'm totally ordering some (my soap stash has grown a bit ridiculously as of late, but I think this one will be a great summer shave).

Thanks again tclobaugh!

Hey Gents. I've been on vacation, and off the grid, since Wednesday. I'm trying to catch up on all of your PMs and updating my tracking sheets to make sure everything is on schedule. Hope you watch the posted videos soon!

Love the Jinhao ... glad a fellow FP addict got a little Nib lovin!

An update on my goodies ... so among the samples was a sample of B&M Black Label Lavender. However when I opened it it was unmistakably mint -- or more accurately the Rosemary and Peppermint Black Label. I LOVE mint, so I used it yesterday and it was amazing. Nicely cooling and of course that great B&M performance, even with subpar lather because I'm not used to lathering off a sample jar. I'm totally ordering some (my soap stash has grown a bit ridiculously as of late, but I think this one will be a great summer shave).

Thanks again tclobaugh!

That is a strange mix up, but sounds like a happy one.

As to lathering from samples, I think the best way is to put the entire sample into a dollar tree salsa bowl and then 3017 it. (I'm not saying I always do this - which is why I have 5 of these bowls currently in use). :). These bowls are a great size and shape to hold samples. Biggest downside is not having a lid.

I have wonderful news. I have just confirmed that everyone's packages have shipped! So if you haven't received your PIF yet, be patient, it's on its way!

I got mail today! Lane (bach_rocks) my sincerest thanks for the items you chose for me in this fun! Beautiful Simpson Colonel X2L best badger to fit the bill of one thread topic I had started. Secondly a Tony Miller "plain Vanilla" strop I assure you there is nothing plain about this beautiful piece that will last me my shaving career! A great linen backside completes the strop! I look forward to shaving tonight!
Vez thanks again for getting the event together, To all the guys involved thanks for the experience and continuing to allow me to have faith in humanity.

Jeffery

Last edited by a moderator:
Top Bottom