What's new

B&B SHARK WEEK 2021 starts JULY 11th!!

I found a tuck of Sharks yesterday, so my first Shark Week Shave.
Blade: Shark Super Chrome
Razor: Denali Adjustable
Brush: Rubberset 400 / OM Ferrule & Oumo Manchurian Bulb
Soap: Reitzers Perfect Shave Soap

SOTD210714.jpg

View attachment 1296483
Well today I swapped the Shark Super Chrome out with a new Shark Super Stainless. More blood. Gosh, what is going on? The shave was a little closer and better so to speak but still blood was drawn. I weeper near my lip and a huge nick under my ear of all places. Even now some 13 hours after I shaved there is still a lump of dried blood 🩸 on top of the nick. I really don’t want to draw blood every shave this week.
It sounds like the Razor you are using is either wonky or real aggressive. :w00t:

109CC226-FC9F-4DFB-B0A7-6F86BA78DCB8.jpeg

Shark Week SOTD #4

Razor: Razorock Lupo 72
Blade: Shark Super Stainless
Soap: Arko
Brush: Omega Pro
Aftershave: Pinaud Clubman

Good morning! Back to the Arko, which I face lathered with my Omega Pro brush. I haven’t used this brush in a long time, and I forgot how great it is. Excellent lather. I think the Shark is setting a trap. Today it was very smooth, and wound up having a very nice shave. No blood. BBS

97A41E20-413D-4179-ADCA-B98535F772F9.jpeg

July 13: 3rd day of Sharko week

Blade: Shark Super Stainless (3rd use)
Soap: Arko (of course)
Razor: 7 O'Clock open comb
Brush: Omega 10049 Boar ("The PRO 49")

I switched from my Gillette Fat Boy to the 7 O'Clock open comb, and was rewarded with an even better shave. I think that the 7 O'Clock holds blades more rigidly, leading to less "chatter". The big Omega is one of my favorite brushes. No bites!
2021-07-13 20.43.04.jpg

Sharko 4

Razor Timeless SS .68 SB
Blade Shark Super Stainless (1)
Brush PAA Peregrino
Bowl Captain's Choice Ceramic (Amazing Lather Machine)
Soap Arko
Toner Lucky Tiger
A/S Pinaud Lime Sec

Rating 10/10 BBS

First time using the Shark Super Stainless blade and based on just one use, it is the best blade of the bunch. This was an extremely smooth blade. Gonna call this one a Silky Shark. Overall a great shave. I will see how it goes for subsequent shaves but so far this is my winner.

Sharko 4.jpg

Last edited:
Shark week shave 3 (skipped yesterday)
-Rockwell 6G (R6)
-Shark stainless blade (1st use)
-Grizzly bay brush
-Capt choice copper bowl

-PAA Ice cube
-Shannon's soap Indigo Oud soap and splash

Only mark off was a bump i lopped off on my neck. Otherwise a very close and good shave.
The stainless blade was very smooth today again!

Fayiz D.

It looks like that Parker razor has the same head as my Gillette Heritage.
It might look to you the same from that angle, but they are quite different. The gap on the Parkers is huge. Adds aggression. Bottom plate has a very different profile. Nothing common between both razors.
Yes they might look alike from a distance but the shave is quite different.

IMG-2963.jpg

IMG-2960.jpg

2nd shave with the Shark Platinum this morning. This time loaded it up in my aluminum Tech from the 70s. Bit me twice in my soul patch area, but otherwise a pretty decent shave. So far only the platinum has bitten me thus far. Got the super stainless loaded up in my Gillette NEW for tomorrow. We shall see.

Nonetheless- BLOOD IN THE WATER!!

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
2nd shave with the Shark Platinum this morning. This time loaded it up in my aluminum Tech from the 70s. Bit me twice in my soul patch area, but otherwise a pretty decent shave. So far only the platinum has bitten me thus far. Got the super stainless loaded up in my Gillette NEW for tomorrow. We shall see.

Remember what @BigJ always says: SHARKS never sleep!

At least YOU LIVED to tell the story!! :thumbup1: :thumbup1:

Shave 4
SSPlat (2)
JAWS .84
Atlantis brush
Oceana soap and balm

This combo works well together but I am still learning the Atlantis brush and Oceana. The brush is stiff and holds a lot of water. The Oceana has a different texture. The lather is slick but sticky. Had one tiny dot of red that went away with the first rinse. 1 pass and some buffing provided a solid DFS+. It is easy to over shave with the .84 JAWS so 1 or 2 passes is good enough when I am on vacation.

Whilliam

First Class Citizen
Today is
WEDNESDAY
of
SHARKO WEEK

14 July, 2021
______

Pre: Noxzema
Brush: PAA "Aerolite Phantom"
Lather: ARKO stick
Razor: Oristo