What's new

Your thoughts on male jewelry.....

I used to wear my class ring in high school. That's it for me. I'm not married so I don't have a wedding ring and I don't have a decent watch. Once I get one of those that have gears inside of them, then I'll be wearing one.

These days I'm only sporting the wedding band. It never comes off. I've tried watches but my wrists are small and they just don't fit right, plus I tend to break new watches like clockwork (pun intended). Born and raised in the deep south bible belt, my dad told me at a young age if I wanted an earring to go ahead and get one, then he'd cut off my man parts and slap a dress on me. I know he's a close-minded old fart, but those words stuck in my head, so no earrings for this guy. I would like to try a ring on the right hand one day. That family crest ring from a previous post sounds cool.

These days I'm only sporting the wedding band. It never comes off. I've tried watches but my wrists are small and they just don't fit right, plus I tend to break new watches like clockwork (pun intended). Born and raised in the deep south bible belt, my dad told me at a young age if I wanted an earring to go ahead and get one, then he'd cut off my man parts and slap a dress on me. I know he's a close-minded old fart, but those words stuck in my head, so no earrings for this guy. I would like to try a ring on the right hand one day. That family crest ring from a previous post sounds cool.

That is a bit extreme. Can you even buy a Harley now-a-days if you don't have an earring? I thought it was required. Your dad obviously did not know many bikers.

Rudy Vey

Shaving baby skin and turkey necks
Wedding band, a small Claddagh next to my wedding band and watch, that's it (on some occasions cuff links, I have a nice collection). I am not a big fan of male jewelry other than this:w00t:

usually a stainless Bulova Selfwinding Drive watch I picked up at the PX on LZ English, RVN 1969 and a wedding band. (same one 42 years)

Depends on where and what I'm doing.

I have Earrings. Bangles. Bracelets. Wedding Rings...

Some places I do not wear any jewelry and other's I look like a pirate of the Caribbean... all depends.

But in general I just wear a single solid wedding band. :thumbup1:

Wedding rings?????

Wow. I am in the minority. I wear a watch, wedding ring and have both ears pierced with two rings each for over 20 years. I take them out on job interviews and when people I know see me they say something looks different and weird about me. Then they realize I do not have my earrings in.

Just call me "Red Neck"if you want to, but a man who wears earrings.............. you don't want my opionion in a public forum.

Minority but ot alone ;)

Generally I wear stanless steel watch, wedding ring and cufflinks if the shirt allows it. Pierced one ear when I was 16 (31 years ago), and the other at 32. Now i wear not rings, but small studs in white gold and small diamond in each ear and almost never take them out- job interview or meetigs where I'd expect the oter parts being conservative is the exception.

Wow. I am in the minority. I wear a watch, wedding ring and have both ears pierced with two rings each for over 20 years. I take them out on job interviews and when people I know see me they say something looks different and weird about me. Then they realize I do not have my earrings in.

Wedding rings?????

Lolz.... not all at the same time... but they are for the same girl!

My wife and I were married years ago and I bought her a fairly reasonable Claddagh... It's a beautiful ring despite its modest cost.

We have since bought a new set during major milestones in our life and marriage. Pretty much handmade sets by artisans.

Still... I think her favorite is her first. :001_smile

I wear a watch every day and my wedding band never comes off, so that's pretty much it for my jewelry. I have one ear pierced but I don't wear anything in it anymore.

Watch and Wedding Ring everyday to work.

On the weekends, I occasionally wear a chain and pendant that I received as a graduation gift from my parents.

Those are the only three items of jewelry I own.

Title says it all. Just wondering who wears what? I am 30 and have both of my ears pierced since I was 16. So aside from earrings my daily wear is my wedding band and a decent watch. I still see guys around wearing nice necklaces and rings on other fingers. In your opinions what is enough / too much? What is your daily or evening wear?

I just figure it depends on age, meaning what was in style when you were young. The most jewelry I've ever worn was class rings. Getting my ears pierced was never a consideration, as only women and gays did that while I was growing up. I'm also not into "body art". But I'm 46. Styles change, I'm not saying you're wrong to like what you have. It's just not for me.

I did briefly have a gold chain back in the late '70s, but only 'cause I found it in a dressing room. :laugh:

(edit) No wedding ring, as that'd imply I was married. Watches chafe my wrist, so none of those either. Maybe I'll get a nice pocket watch some day, but I rather doubt it.

Last edited:
I wear a wedding band and a watch on the left side. I also have 1 small tattoo on the inside of my left wrist. On the right I have a POW/MIA Bracelet, a Celtic knot ring (to show family heritage), and a religious pinky ring. The pinky ring has to come off in the winter because the cold makes my hands shrink a little and it always falls off. Air Force regulations allow the wearing of 3 rings total.

I wear a religious necklace, but it stays under my shirt.

I also had my ear pierced when I was 18, but for obvious reasons I have not worn it in a while.

Top Bottom