What's new

Your thoughts on male jewelry.....

Title says it all. Just wondering who wears what? I am 30 and have both of my ears pierced since I was 16. So aside from earrings my daily wear is my wedding band and a decent watch. I still see guys around wearing nice necklaces and rings on other fingers. In your opinions what is enough / too much? What is your daily or evening wear?

I'm not a jewelry person. Watch and crucifix (always under my shirt/not generally visible) and that's about it. Cuff links when the occasion calls for it. Anything else is "too much" for me personally. I don't care for the look of man bracelets, etc. or (no offense) ear rings on male adults or rings (other than wedding/class). But, that's just me.

I no longer wear my earring as it is not acceptable at my last two employers ( that covers the last 15 years ) but wear my wedding band and a stainless steel bracelet my daughter bought me for Christmas 2 years ago.

Daily (work week) is stainless watch, silver bracelet (thick handmade one from Mexico) and wedding band. Oh and I always have a Montblanc StarWalker in my shirt pocket.

Casual is less fancy watch and a black/silver necklace and wedding band.

Thats about as far as I go. For some reason I have a bunch of rings though I never wear them.

A watch and a wedding ring. That's it.

I used to have my ear pierced, but I'm in my mid-40s and stopped wearing earrings 20 years ago.

I'm not a jewelry person. Watch and crucifix (always under my shirt/not generally visible) and that's about it. Cuff links when the occasion calls for it. Anything else is "too much" for me personally. I don't care for the look of man bracelets, etc. or (no offense) ear rings on male adults or rings (other than wedding/class). But, that's just me.

None taken! LOL after 14 years you think my friends would stop giving me grief over them but the never do! That is the point of the thread after all.

I try to keep it simple. Not too much bling. I wear a wedding band and stainless wrist watch. My wife bought a money clip for me recently and I find I like it better than a wallet. Maybe a chain if we go out on a date but that's about it.

I had to get rid of an earring for my job interviews, so I know where you're coming from.

I have a class ring, but at times I find that too much bling. Usually it's just a watch, cufflinks, and that's it. Crucifix under the shirt is fine, too - just so long as it's not a massive one

I had the pierced ears from the time I was about 14...I'm 31 now and ditched them about a year ago. They didn't seem to "fit" anymore.

For me now it's watch on the left and two-ball magnetic rope bracelet on the right (my own daily placebo effect). I'd rather forget my pants than my watch...I feel lost if I'm not wearing one.

I had the pierced ears from the time I was about 14...I'm 31 now and ditched them about a year ago. They didn't seem to "fit" anymore.

For me now it's watch on the left and two-ball magnetic rope bracelet on the right (my own daily placebo effect). I'd rather forget my pants than my watch...I feel lost if I'm not wearing one.

I'm sure that no one will disagree with me when I say that WE would much prefer that you forgot your watch. :tongue:

Never wore jewelry, including no wedding band for 41 years. Occasionally a watch, but only for short periods of time. I just can't wear jewelry, it drives me nuts. And I never did understand the earring thing for guys.

A youngish (33) female friend of ours posted on Facebook last night the she had watched "Dog, Bounty Hunter" for the first time, and joked about old people wearing belly-button jewelry. I laughed to myself and thought I hope she remembers that herself in a few years. :001_cool:

SWMBO had a bellybutton ring when we got married, it was decided that when she was pregnant with our first child that it had to go.

No jewelry for me. Occasionally I'll wear a watch with a small enough face and a simple leather band, but I haven't had one for awhile. I'm a pretty skinny guy and most such things just look bulky and odd on me (at least to my eyes).

I was slightly inebriated once at an art opening in a place that was combination gallery/boutique/sometimes dance club and seriously considered purchasing a ring, but then I thought, "wait, I'm broke, and I know I won't like this tomorrow." So that took care of that :laugh:

I was slightly inebriated once at an art opening in a place that was combination gallery/boutique/sometimes dance club and seriously considered purchasing a ring, but then I thought, "wait, I'm broke, and I know I won't like this tomorrow." So that took care of that :laugh:

Wow better judgment than I would have had. I get "slightly inebriated" and buy two of everything I want!

Top Bottom