What's new

you guys like taylor of old bond?

I had a puck of the sandalwood as my first shave soap, which I had trouble with. I could not make decent lather, nor was I ecstatic about the scent. It turned into a shower soap. Having said that, I don't have any recent experience with the brand, and my technique and experience has vastly improved since my first foray into wetshaving.

I had a puck of Lavender as my first shave soap, and I loved the scent. The performance wasn't great, but I'm going to give the Sandalwood a shot soon (I have a puck, just haven't used yet). I've gotten much better with my lather building since using that lavender puck, and I personally love the scent of Sandalwood as done by TOBS, so I'm hoping that I can get that soap to perform well.

I went through a sandalwood phase and initially really enjoyed the TOBS Sandalwood cream (sorry, just realized this was posted in the soaps and not creams section). Now I don't care for it very much. It lathers like crazy which is great but the scent is very, very strong. The only thing I use it for now is to de-funk new brushes because, again, the scent is so strong that it perfectly masks the odor from badger/boar. Perhaps I'll try the other TOBS scents in the future but not any time soon.

I think TOBS rose is the all around best of the line. Avocado is awesome too, but I don't like the scent.

... I just realized I'm in the soap forum and not the creams. the above comment is about TOBS creams as I have no experience with their soaps... sorry!

Last edited:
I had a puck of Lavender as my first shave soap, and I loved the scent. The performance wasn't great, but I'm going to give the Sandalwood a shot soon (I have a puck, just haven't used yet). I've gotten much better with my lather building since using that lavender puck, and I personally love the scent of Sandalwood as done by TOBS, so I'm hoping that I can get that soap to perform well.

Is the cream scent weak? I was under the impression that the 3 T's were mostly known for creams, I have yet to try a soap by any of them (I guess I've seen them spoken about, but not as much as the creams). Just curious, I had good experiences with one TOBS cream with too light of a scent, and a lot of Trumpers creams/sample creams.

Is the cream scent weak? I was under the impression that the 3 T's were mostly known for creams, I have yet to try a soap by any of them (I guess I've seen them spoken about, but not as much as the creams). Just curious, I had good experiences with one TOBS cream with too light of a scent, and a lot of Trumpers creams/sample creams.

Don't know. The lavender I'm referring to was the soap. I've never used the cream.

Don't know. The lavender I'm referring to was the soap. I've never used the cream.

Trumpers creams are strong, but I was really let down with the lavender TOBS cream. I was actually curious if you tried the Sandalwood cream just because I'm wondering if that's more like the lavender or if it's got a strong scent.

Trumpers creams are strong, but I was really let down with the lavender TOBS cream. I was actually curious if you tried the Sandalwood cream just because I'm wondering if that's more like the lavender or if it's got a strong scent.

I've heard the sandalwood cream is fairly strong scented, though I can't personally attest to that. The sandalwood soap has a pretty strong scent, and it's a beauty.

Guess the Lavender must have been an anomaly. While the production is as expected, the scent just isn't as strong as most Trumpers I've tried...

I enjoy the scent of the sandalwood soaps and creams. People have mentioned the creams weren't that strong, but I would have to say the sandalwood cream has a stronger scent then the sandalwood soap.

Top Bottom