What's new

Saponificio Varesino Strongest Scented soaps…

Hey guys
Need some help here. I am a big fan of SV soaps and splashes. I have the 70th and recently bought the Tundra Artica. I normally enjoy a higher scent strength on my soaps from other artisans. Basically more in your face and robust type scents. I find the 70th a medium low and the recently acquired Tundra even lower. I am looking to purchase a third set. Would be really helpful if you guys could chime in with suggestions on some strongest scented SV soaps. I know they are generally low scented but still out of the lot some must be stronger than the others. Looking to find those…!

Hi, SV Opuntia is pretty strong to my nose. Smells like a Creed Aventus dupe, killer scent
Yes, I have sniffed Opuntia. Just not considering that at the moment since I have a couple of Aventus dupes from other artisans. Another I have used a sample of is Manna. Again was too mild for me. So that basically covers 70th, Tundra, Manna and Opuntia.

Wow, I never thought I would see that mentioned about SV. SV is probably tied with Shannon's as the strongest scented soaps I've tried so far out of 30+ brands.
Well… there are so many mixed opinions on that on B&B itself… Have read many posts saying that they smell mild…or at least some scents do… I know YMMV and all…but this is in comparison to what some of the American artisans are offering these days…

To my nose, I don’t think there are strongly scented. From the ones I own, 70th, Opuntia, Morado and Felce I would rate stronger. Low scented would be Dolomiti and Tundra. I’ve read Cubebe and Cosmo might be on the stronger side, but I could be wrong. But other brands are waaaay stronger in my opinion

Last edited:
To my nose, I don’t think there are strongly scented. From the ones I one, 70th, Opuntia, Morado and Felce I would rate stronger. Low scented would be Dolomiti and Tundra. I’ve read Cubebe and Cosmo might be on the stronger side, but I could be wrong. But other brands are waaaay stronger in my opinion
Totally agree…! Just that the little bit of research I came up with, admittedly without sniffing them personally, I would peg Felce as a lighter scented one…

Totally agree…! Just that the little bit of research I came up with, admittedly without sniffing them personally, I would peg Felce as a lighter scented one…

Yeah, probably. However Felce and Morado are the most delightful scented from the ones I own. The thing is I think SV goes in a different direction regarding scents, similar to MdC. They use clean milder notes, while more modern artisans go for the “in your face” kind of thing. I have some soaps whose notes I can still smell hours after the shave, even when I’ve used a balm with completely different scents on tops

Eben Stone

Staff member
Well… there are so many mixed opinions on that on B&B itself… Have read many posts saying that they smell mild…or at least some scents do… I know YMMV and all…but this is in comparison to what some of the American artisans are offering these days…
I love the Opuntia scent. Even though I think it's very strong I wouldn't mind it even stronger. My solution, as recommended my another member, is too apply a lot of aftershave. After that soaks in then repeat.

It’s pretty close. SV are among the strongest scented soaps I’ve tried, if not the strongest. 70th and Desert Vetiver are both very pleasant. Morado took me a min to appreciate but I really like it as well. It might be a tiny bit weaker than the other two.
I have heard that Desert Vetiver is a strong one. If you have both the 70th and Desert Vetiver, do you think the 70th is stronger? I always thought it was the other way round…!

I have not tried Argania or Morado, but of the 13 I have none are any stronger.
Ohh…13 is a big number…! Still strongest of the lot? Should be different enough from the 70th and Tundra to keep…😊
How is Desert Vetiver strength wise if you have tried that…?

Yeah, probably. However Felce and Morado are the most delightful scented from the ones I own. The thing is I think SV goes in a different direction regarding scents, similar to MdC. They use clean milder notes, while more modern artisans go for the “in your face” kind of thing. I have some soaps whose notes I can still smell hours after the shave, even when I’ve used a balm with completely different scents on tops
I completely agree. SV is in a class of its own regard scents compared to the bold and brash scents of other artisans. Much more refined and sophisticated. Though I enjoy my collection from other modern day artisans too… I don’t need em to stay with me throughout the day…but my concern arises when I have to search for the scent. Even the 70th is mild by my standards for my poor sniffer but I still enjoy it tremendously…just that the scent should be apparent enough for me to sniff… I guess that’s the whole point of it being a scented soap…!
BTW… i have heard a lot about Felce… is it too earthy? I am not too much into fougeres… the only fougere I enjoyed was Mousse Illuminee from Zingari…

I love the Opuntia scent. Even though I think it's very strong I wouldn't mind it even stronger. My solution, as recommended my another member, is too apply a lot of aftershave. After that soaks in then repeat.
Yes, Opuntia as a scent is awesome… just avoiding it sine I have two Aventus dupe…Applying more aftershave is definitely a nice workaround.

It’s pretty close. SV are among the strongest scented soaps I’ve tried, if not the strongest. 70th and Desert Vetiver are both very pleasant. Morado took me a min to appreciate but I really like it as well. It might be a tiny bit weaker than the other two.
Would you rate Desert Vetiver at least as strong as the 70th that I enjoy…or even more? Is the Desert Vetiver too green smelling? I don’t like the smell of fresh cut grass as it was described in another thread by someone. Though I hear its a dupe of Terre de Hermes… which I have sniffed and like…

Top Bottom