What's new

TOBACCO LEAF ALTERNATIVE

So far my favorite soap scent is Tobacco Leaf by Taylor of Old Bond Street! Unfortunately I get a better lather with hard soaps instead of shaving creams. I am looking for an alternative for the tobacco leaf shave cream. I appreciate the citrus and bergamot. I am looking for a good shave soap with similar scent.
Any help would be much appreciated!

Attachments

• PXL_20240218_221240905.jpg
    PXL_20240218_221240905.jpg
    713.5 KB · Views: 3

Whisky

ATF. I use all three.
Staff member
I haven’t smelled TOB’s tobacco leaf so I can’t really give you any advice on another soap that smells similar.
My overall favorite tobacco soap is this

RazoRock Puros is another good straight tobacco scent.

For cherry/vanilla pipe tobacco- the scent that a lot of us think of when we think of our grandfathers pipes, Uncle Jon’s Pipesmoke is the best I’ve found.

@Don_Mino

What type of tobacco leaf scent are you looking for?

As already mentioned. There are a few different kinds

Green tobacco leaf
Pipe tobacco
Cigar humidor tobacco

I’m more into the humidor and pipe tobacco scents.

PAA Cavendish
Lisa’s Natural Herbal Creations Tobacco and Bay

Hello my friend

I really like the scent of TOBS Tobacco Leaf Shaving Cream. Although different and a little fuller-bodied, Pre de Provence N°63 might be a good suggestion for you. It is a great hard soap and has aromas of cedar, plum, violet, amber and leather, but citrus and tobacco are very present. Furthermore, it also provides abundant lather formation and good after-shave properties.

I think you'll enjoy it.

Cheers!
❤️🪒

Last edited:
I'm also a big fan of TOBS Tobacco Leaf Shaving Cream, and I really wish they made a matching aftershave with alcohol. I'm not a fan of their glycerin/non-alcohol aftershaves. Any recommendations for an alcohol AS that comes close or matches well would be very much appreciated.

Hello my friend

I really like the scent of TOBS Tobacco Leaf Shaving Cream. Although different and a little fuller-bodied, Pre de Provence N°63 might be a good suggestion for you. It is a great hard

soap and has aromas of cedar, plum, violet, amber and leather, but citrus and tobacco are very present. Furthermore, it also provides abundant lather formation and good after-shave properties.

I think you'll enjoy it.

Cheers!
❤️🪒
Just put some on order

Agreed... on Tobacco Leaf being that good in terms of scent. Tons of different tobacco scents out there and while it's a favorite of mine it can be quite polarizing. Tobacco Leaf definitely isn't as "Tobacco-y" as you'd think so this kinda makes it hard to pick an alternative plus I haven't tried em all.

I have a tobacco scent from Grooming Department called: Le Tabac... it's kinda dark fruit forward with a heavy pipe like or even cigar like quality. Bit different from Tobacco Leaf. My recommendations would be... Moon Soaps Tobacco Leaf and even their Havana scent. Crowne and Crane has a Tobacco Leaf & Amber scent as well as a Tobacco and Caramel if you can find it.

Top Bottom