What's new

Saponificio Varesino Strongest Scented soaps…

At this point, I am kinda between Desert Vetiver, Cubebe, Argania and Morado… in my search for a stronger scented soap keeping in mind it should be very different from Tundra and 70th…keeping aside Opuntia as an option which I love as a scent but want to avoid.

I have been reading some other threads on SV… Surprisingly there are diametrically opposite opinions on the same scents… for example… some say… the Desert Vetiver is the strongest… some find it too mild…. Either SV has major batch variations… or maybe… people with older pucks have em strong… while their recent ones are weaker…! Quite a conundrum…really…!

i have heard a lot about Felce… is it too earthy? I am not too much into fougeres…
Felce is an alpine fougère; light and fresh.

Is the Desert Vetiver too green smelling? I don’t like the smell of fresh cut grass as it was described in another thread by someone. Though I hear its a dupe of Terre de Hermes… which I have sniffed and like…

DV is allegedly a dupe of TdH Eau Intense Vetiver. It is green, but not like grass, more herbaceous.

I have heard that Desert Vetiver is a strong one. If you have both the 70th and Desert Vetiver, do you think the 70th is stronger? I always thought it was the other way round…!
I think Deseret Vetiver is slightly stronger than 70th. However, I find SV soaps, in general, to be aromatically stronger than other soaps I have used. SV might not be the one for you if the absolute strength of the aroma is your most important consideration. Unfortunately, I am unaware of anything stronger. In my experience, soap has the lowest level of aroma, followed by aftershave, then cologne, Eau de Toilette, Eau de Parfum, then Parfum. Each level, from lowest to strongest, usually goes from shortest to longest lasting.

I have been reading some other threads on SV… Surprisingly there are diametrically opposite opinions on the same scents… for example… some say… the Desert Vetiver is the strongest… some find it too mild…. Either SV has major batch variations… or maybe… people with older pucks have em strong… while their recent ones are weaker…! Quite a conundrum…really…!
I have Cubebe, Opuntia, Desert Vetiver, 70th, Manilla di Sicilia, and Morado, which seem to be of similar strength to my nose.I am not sure there is a particular SV soap that will be strong enough to meet your criteria. Even the SV Eau de Parfums are not overly strong, and I would classify them more as a great cologne than a strong EdP. There is also the issue of nose blidness, where what others strongly smell on you, will be largely noticed by your own nose.

I think Deseret Vetiver is slightly stronger than 70th. However, I find SV soaps, in general, to be aromatically stronger than other soaps I have used. SV might not be the one for you if the absolute strength of the aroma is your most important consideration. Unfortunately, I am unaware of anything stronger. In my experience, soap has the lowest level of aroma, followed by aftershave, then cologne, Eau de Toilette, Eau de Parfum, then Parfum. Each level, from lowest to strongest, usually goes from shortest to longest lasting.
Agree on all counts bro…SV is lighter scented than new US artisan soaps… but it’s their performance I love… just want the scent to be notable enough… without having to search for it…Quite enjoy the 70th… seems Desert Vetiver could be right up my alley…!

I have Cubebe, Opuntia, Desert Vetiver, 70th, Manilla di Sicilia, and Morado, which seem to be of similar strength to my nose.I am not sure there is a particular SV soap that will be strong enough to meet your criteria. Even the SV Eau de Parfums are not overly strong, and I would classify them more as a great cologne than a strong EdP. There is also the issue of nose blidness, where what others strongly smell on you, will be largely noticed by your own nose.
Ha ha… classic case of YMMV… seems to be apt in the case of SV scents… different accounts everywhere…Yes… nose blindness could definitely be a factor…
Your favourite scents out of the ones you mentioned…?

Ha ha… classic case of YMMV… seems to be apt in the case of SV scents… different accounts everywhere…Yes… nose blindness could definitely be a factor…
Your favourite scents out of the ones you mentioned…?
I like them all and appreciate the variety. Usually, I rotate through them, somewhat in order, but never for any reason. I did have SV shower soap samples of Felce and Dolomiti that were very mild, and I didn't care for them. But I enjoy all of my SV soaps and the corresponding aftershave. I would recommend getting the aftershave if extending fragrance life is a priority.

Last edited:
I like them all and appreciate the variety. Usually, I rotate through them, somewhat in order, but never for any reason. I did have SV shower soap samples of Felce and Dolomiti that were very mild, and I didn't care for them. But I enjoy all of my SV soaps and the corresponding aftershave. I would recommend getting the aftershave if extending fragrance life is a priority.
Yes, I can understand enjoying various scents in rotation. It’s just that I have built up quite a collection of artisan soap sets like B&M, GD, GN etc etc…Hence wanted only 2-3 SV sets at a time since they take longer to finish as well…Totally agree that aftershaves do complete the experience and SV aftershaves are just out of this world on performance as well…!👍🏻

Of my SV’s collection, my strength rating, may be subjective:
1. Opuntia
2. Argania
3. Cubebe
4. 70th
5. Morado
Such rated lists do help out a lot…👍🏻👍🏻👍🏻
I remember before buying the 70th, I sniffed both Opuntia and the 70th together at a meet. I found the 70th stronger…! Hence went for that. Plus the classy aftershave bottle sealed the deal for me…😜

Of my SV’s collection, my strength rating, may be subjective:
1. Opuntia
2. Argania
3. Cubebe
4. 70th
5. Morado
Hmm, I find Morado more strong in scent than Argania - but BOTH are my SV favourites, not just scent, but the soap performance seems a step even better than the usual 4.3 beat soaps (Morado ahs the purple corn and limk proteins, Argania has argan oil). I'd say Desert Vetvier is even more strongly scented then Morado or Argania... but in a strong floral scent whereas Morado and Argania are more of a SV complex version of PdeP #63.

Hmm, I find Morado more strong in scent than Argania - but BOTH are my SV favourites, not just scent, but the soap performance seems a step even better than the usual 4.3 beat soaps (Morado ahs the purple corn and limk proteins, Argania has argan oil). I'd say Desert Vetvier is even more strongly scented then Morado or Argania... but in a strong floral scent whereas Morado and Argania are more of a SV complex version of PdeP #63.
Bro, if you rate Desert Vetiver as stronger than Argania and Morado, could you please rate these 3 based on scent preference? Might help make my mind…! Basically these 3 are the ones kinda shortlisted right now, unless someone else comes up with something new…😁

Top Bottom