What's new

Newbie - Current Setup & Overview

You are certainly moving along at a blistering pace my good man! Two months in and you are into Yates and Blackland territory. Nothing wrong with that though as long as you are having fun. Congratulations on your great shaves!
Thank you sir! I have jumped right in and can't be happier. You my friend have been a great resource, as well as all the other fine mentors and postings on B&B!

I may have reached the 10/10 shave this week! Ordered the Yates 921-M and the Blackbird Lite. They both came in this week and they have blown me away! I don't think I can pick between the two of them, tiny little pros and cons for each but these would be my desert island razors - have to take both. I got BBS with both; super smooth and efficient using Nacet blades. The only thing I changed on the Yates was the handle, standard length handle is 4" so I swapped it for the Merica 3.5" handle and now it's perfect for me...this has taken me to the next level of wet shaving. Thanks B&B!

Grats on your new acquisitions.
Blackbird's aggressiveness is similar to what plate in your Rockwell 6S?

Any plans on getting Timeless too?

Wow in 2 months wonder how many razors are in your den now?

He might as well to complete his trio.

Nope should be quartet and include Tedalus - Velocity one.

Velocity-ONE - https://www.tedalus.com/en-cn/products/velocity-one

IMG_8747.jpeg

Nope should be quartet and include Tedalus - Velocity one. I haven't seen that Tedalus before, what a beauty! :) Do you own that razor whiskerless?

Velocity-ONE - https://www.tedalus.com/en-cn/products/velo
You and @blethenstrom crack me up! I have the RAD down pretty well now so I am going to take a break - maybe - (until we go to London in July). Whiskerless, do you have that Tedalus, that is a beauty! I would probably the Blackbird Lite is around a plate 4/5 but I haven't tried the plate 6. It's smooth and rather efficient with no irritaion or weepers for me but I did have to touch up a tad with it. The Yates 921-M edges it out by a "hair" on closeness BUT this is based on 2 shaves with them and not fair since the Blackbird was tackling 48 hours of growth while the Yates was tackling 24 hours of growth.
How is your journey going?! Not sure if I did something wrong but I followed both of you and it doesn't show me when you post something?

Edit: I just clicked follow/unfollow again maybe it will work?

You and @blethenstrom crack me up! I have the RAD down pretty well now so I am going to take a break - maybe - (until we go to London in July). Whiskerless, do you have that Tedalus, that is a beauty! I would probably the Blackbird Lite is around a plate 4/5 but I haven't tried the plate 6. It's smooth and rather efficient with no irritaion or weepers for me but I did have to touch up a tad with it. The Yates 921-M edges it out by a "hair" on closeness BUT this is based on 2 shaves with them and not fair since the Blackbird was tackling 48 hours of growth while the Yates was tackling 24 hours of growth.
How is your journey going?! Not sure if I did something wrong but I followed both of you and it doesn't show me when you post something?

Edit: I just clicked follow/unfollow again maybe it will work?
disclaimer......I am a cheap dude. I have no Yates, Blackbird, Timeless and certainly no Tedalus. My most expensive razor is a RR GC .68P. I am just pulling on your RAD chain a bit.

Whiskerless, do you have that Tedalus, that is a beauty!

Nope I don’t own Tedalus & it’s indeed a beauty. Just from lurking around, read its a new player in the shaving world. It’s kinda limited production and you may need to take a queue if you want one.

it’s a premium from packaging to the razor itself.

Owning one will turn you into Gollum (The Hobbits) You may start saying MY PRECIOUS !!! all the time. 🤔🤣

Nope I don’t own Tedalus & it’s indeed a beauty. Just from lurking around, read its a new player in the shaving world. It’s kinda limited production and you may need to take a queue if you want one.

it’s a premium from packaging to the razor itself.

Owning one will turn you into Gollum (The Hobbits) You may start saying MY PRECIOUS !!! all the time. 🤔🤣
I looked it up and had sticker shock. I’m still a working man and that’s no working man’s razor! It’s truly stunning but I don’t think I’ll be affording that anytime soon!
My last order is in transit (around the same time I ordered the Yates). It’s a Karve Bison in green, it was supposed to arrive today but now says tomorrow. I did just receive a pack of blades from @dmshaver today in the mail and I’m psyched because I haven’t tried many blades yet and he really hooked me up with some I’ve wanted to try.
Random question, my wife bought me/us some Personna blades from Amazon (she started using a DE as well). The thing is there is nothing printed on the actual blades? Do you think they are real Personnas? Check this image out:

IMG_4170.jpeg

I looked it up and had sticker shock. I’m still a working man and that’s no working man’s razor! It’s truly stunning but I don’t think I’ll be affording that anytime soon!
My last order is in transit (around the same time I ordered the Yates). It’s a Karve Bison in green, it was supposed to arrive today but now says tomorrow. I did just receive a pack of blades from @dmshaver today in the mail and I’m psyched because I haven’t tried many blades yet and he really hooked me up with some I’ve wanted to try.
Random question, my wife bought me/us some Personna blades from Amazon (she started using a DE as well). The thing is there is nothing printed on the actual blades? Do you think they are real Personnas? Check this image out:

View attachment 1836283
I don't know much about personna blades. Maybe someone can answer. If I were you I would try one or a few and if they work well great!

View attachment 1836283

Yeah those Personna’s looks legit. I had the same concern and bought one recently. Almost threw mine away, details below.

Personna Comfort Coated? - https://www.badgerandblade.com/forum/threads/personna-comfort-coated.651942/

Top Bottom