What's new

Yates Precision Queries and Clarity

It is worth a try; only way to find out really. I wouldn't blame it on skills -- each individual's skin will respond differently. Certain excellent blades leave my skin with a face full of weepers. Some people get along well with certain razors, others don't. For me, when I tried a borrowed 921M, it felt like coming home and I just had to have one. My perfect shave is M on the face, H on the dome. Others prefer the opposite.
It is worth a try; only way to find out really. I wouldn't blame it on skills -- each individual's skin will respond differently. Certain excellent blades leave my skin with a face full of weepers. Some people get along well with certain razors, others don't. For me, when I tried a borrowed 921M, it felt like coming home and I just had to have one. My perfect shave is M on the face, H on the dome. Others prefer the opposite.
the 921 M it is then. will try and get a stubby handle.not too keen on the long one being offered.

I only own the 'Merica razor and for my face, it has the right amount of efficiency and minimal blade feel. It's a perfect razor in my opinion. I would love to try the 921-M but chances are it isn't going to shave much different to warrant spending nearly double what the 'Merica cost me.

The Yates 921 is my favorite DE razor. I have the 921 in stainless and in titanium and have a variety of base plates. The 921 pairs well with the Nacet blades.

The nice thing is now you can buy just a top cap or just a base plate or just a handle. You can customize them as well. I bought my Ti 921 a part at a time instead of buying a whole razor. You can mix and match 921 parts as you go.

I have three Yates handles. If you buy the right size nylon washers to fill the gap in the base plates, you can use just about any handle with the 921 head. So you could just buy a 921 head and top cap and pair it with a handle you already have as long as you have the washers (or your handle also happens to fit the Yates 921). The 921 also shows up from time to time in the BST.

I’m probably going to get an M hybrid baseplate and a 3.5” handle (both in brass) to go with my brass top cap (when I can spend on nonessential stuff). Even though it fits, I don’t care for the brass Yaqi handle and the H SB baseplate is a bit much for daily use.

Great comments here. I have all 3 plates and they all have their place. Daily shave is m. H is my favorite and can mow down 2+ day growth comfortably. EH is good for a 2 pass shave with multi day growth. I have the stubby handle but will likely get another handle for variety. OP hope you enjoy when it arrives! What metal and finish you end up getting?

Great comments here. I have all 3 plates and they all have their place. Daily shave is m. H is my favorite and can mow down 2+ day growth comfortably. EH is good for a 2 pass shave with multi day growth. I have the stubby handle but will likely get another handle for variety. OP hope you enjoy when it arrives! What metal and finish you end up getting?
The stubby handle comes in titanium which is very nice. Much lighter than the stainless steel version I have. I am waiting for a Ti H Open Comb plate to be delivered (open comb on both sides).

Top Bottom