What's new

Wolfman: On the waiting list. Questions.

I don’t think I’ve seen it asked here or in any other Wolfman threads, but is there an upcharge for DC over the OC price?

Latherati mentioned to me there shouldn’t be an upcharge for the scalloped cap option if we ask Tara nicely. 😀
There is no additional charge for the scalloped cap. Here is mine with the “wide line” pattern:

EE2E8A98-E7EE-44CF-B2AC-69AC98069BDD.jpeg

The answer to this varies tremendously based on demand. As for the current wait time, I got back on the list on 10/8 and received the proceed email from Tara on 11/23. This is the shortest wait time I have ever seen from Wolfman to date, at least for me.
This is exactly my experience. I went on the list 10/9 and got the proceed email on 11/24.

Can’t decide if I want to wait until after the holidays or not though.

Seems a stupid short wait.

The answer to this varies tremendously based on demand. As for the current wait time, I got back on the list on 10/8 and received the proceed email from Tara on 11/23. This is the shortest wait time I have ever seen from Wolfman to date, at least for me.
Wow!!! That is short, I mean like super short. I got in the list last Saturday 11/19 so depending on demand possibly as early as early January 2023.

Rosseforp

I think this fits, Gents
There is no additional charge for the scalloped cap. Here is mine with the “wide line” pattern:
That's just about enough to get me to order another WR2... I love my 0.95 SB, but a 0.95 OC with a scalloped cap sure sounds interesting.
I'm thinking it's probably because they got their HAAS mill back up and running.

~doug~

BradWorld

Dances with Wolfs
That's just about enough to get me to order another WR2... I love my 0.95 SB, but a 0.95 OC with a scalloped cap sure sounds interesting.
That’s exactly what happened to me. I was pretty much done. Had a high gap WR2, a WR1, and a go-to WR2 1.15 as my regular every other day shaver. I was done. Finished. Then I saw the bronze with the scalloped cap. RAD engaged. So after deliberating for a couple of months about what gap to get, etc, I ended up with another 1.15, but in OC this time. It’s on its way now. Will it be a great match for my existing 1.15? Will it replace it? Will it be a disappointment? Those are the questions that will be answered soon. It’s all Dan’s @Hannah's Dad ‘s fault. 😜😜😜

Rosseforp

I think this fits, Gents
That’s exactly what happened to me. I was pretty much done. Had a high gap WR2, a WR1, and a go-to WR2 1.15 as my regular every other day shaver. I was done. Finished. Then I saw the bronze with the scalloped cap. RAD engaged. So after deliberating for a couple of months about what gap to get, etc, I ended up with another 1.15, but in OC this time. It’s on its way now. Will it be a great match for my existing 1.15? Will it replace it? Will it be a disappointment? Those are the questions that will be answered soon. It’s all Dan’s @Hannah's Dad ‘s fault. 😜😜😜
Let me know how it works out for you, Brad. I found the 1.15 just too much for me and the 0.95 is the cat's meow for me right now, but I keep thinking I'd like a 1.05 for when I want a little more blade feel and maybe one less pass. But now I'm thinking of a WR2 0.95 in the OC version with scalloped cap. Or maybe another tub of AdP Colonia if I can find it.

In default, I blame @Cal :cornut::001_unsur:sneaky2:

~doug~

BradWorld

Dances with Wolfs
Let me know how it works out for you, Brad. I found the 1.15 just too much for me and the 0.95 is the cat's meow for me right now, but I keep thinking I'd like a 1.05 for when I want a little more blade feel and maybe one less pass. But now I'm thinking of a WR2 0.95 in the OC version with scalloped cap. Or maybe another tub of AdP Colonia if I can find it.

In default, I blame @Cal :cornut::001_unsur:sneaky2:

~doug~
Hey Doug, I will certainly let you guys know how the 1.15 OC compares to the long standing king of my den, the 1.15 SB. My understanding is that there is a slight up-tick in efficiency and blade feel, but no quite as much as going up to a 1.25, for example. At least that is what I have been told. I had a 1.25 and sold it... only because it was too close to the 1.15, and the 1.15 was smoother. The purchase of this new Wolf has different motives, though. This one I am getting because its alternate metal, a different handle, and scalloped cap. All of which was not available until very recently. So we will see how it works out. I am looking forward to this one.

Hey Doug, I will certainly let you guys know how the 1.15 OC compares to the long standing king of my den, the 1.15 SB. My understanding is that there is a slight up-tick in efficiency and blade feel, but no quite as much as going up to a 1.25, for example. At least that is what I have been told. I had a 1.25 and sold it... only because it was too close to the 1.15, and the 1.15 was smoother. The purchase of this new Wolf has different motives, though. This one I am getting because its alternate metal, a different handle, and scalloped cap. All of which was not available until very recently. So we will see how it works out. I am looking forward to this one.
I'll be following along too :popc:

Hello, Guys!
Does anyone knows what weight has the wrh4 handle - Hollow? I know that it comes in three lengths, I would be interested in the shortest (83,4 mm) ,but any information would be helpful
Cheers

Does anyone know the gaps for the WR3 and how the WR3 gaps compare to the WR1/WR2 gaps?? It’s more I’m curious and for other interested members, not for ordering as I already have my perfect Wolfman.

Top Bottom