What's new

Win a Muehle R106 This May From Shavetools.com This Father's Day.

I would like to enter the contest. My father died when I was 15, but I remember he used an adjustable Schick Injector razor and mostly Barbasol cream out of the can and his aftershave of choice was Old Spice which is still a sentimental favorite of mine.

I would like to join this contest! My dad never shared any details of shaving with me, and I can't recall what equipment he used. It's been a long road working out a good technique for myself over the years (very heavy beard)!

I remember an old spice mug and 4711 around the bathroom in my childhood, but I can't remember the brush or razor. When I asked my dad he didn't remember either and unfortunately nothing he used back then is still around.

I'd like to join the contest. My father, as far as I can remember, shaved with disposables and cartridges. It's (sadly) how he taught me to shave. Although I'm a total newbie and don't even have my own razor yet, I plan on telling my whole family about wet shaving and DE razors and hopefully will convert him!

I would like to join the contest. I don't remember what my dad shaved with but I do remember seeing him lather up with a shave brush.

I would like to join the contest. Daddy usually uses the latest and greatest cartridge, but I remember him having an Atra for most of my youth.

My father started shaving in the early fifties with a Gillette Tech and Gillette Blue Blades. He used Old Spice soap and aftershave. He "moved up" to a Flair Tip and then an adjustable in the sixties. The Old Spice soap was replaced by Gillette Foamy and the aftershave was replaced with Aqua Velva or Mennen aftershave. He had (and still has; he turned 76 this year) a heavy coarse beard and was never satisfied with the shaves he got from the DE equipment he used. When the ATRA systems came out he switched and never looked back. Except for a flirtation with an electric razor somewhere along the way he has used the Mach 3 razors since they arrived on the scene.

He now uses Edge in the can for shaving soap and Royal Copenhagen cologne for fragrance. I asked if he would consider trying a DE razor again and he said no way; I don't think he has the patience required to get a good shave from one anymore. Patience never was his strong suit.

My father was a trucker and used a small electric shaver on the road (I still have it and it works-see pic). At home, he used some kind of Gillette DE razor. He used to take the blade out and lather my face up with shave cream (from a can) and let me pretend to shave. Good memories. Dad passed away in 1984 and I have no idea what happened to his old shaving gear. I recently helped my mom move into a retirement village and she didn't have it. Maybe one of my siblings got it shortly after Dad died. I do have my maternal grandfather's leather razor strop as a keepsake.

Attachments

• $IMG_0628.jpg
    $IMG_0628.jpg
    57.1 KB · Views: 147
Last edited:
I would like to join the contest! I don't remember what my father user, but I remember double edge blades in the bathroom so I guess he used a safety razor. I cut myself a couple of times because I liked opening the blade wrap, and test the edge against every material at hand.

My father was a trucker and used a small electric shaver on the road (I still have it and it works-see pic). At home, he used some kind of Gillette DE razor. He used to take the blade out and lather my face up with shave cream (from a can) and let me pretend to shave. Good memories. Dad passed away in 1984 and I have no idea what happened to his old shaving gear. I recently helped my mom move into a retirement village and she didn't have it. Maybe one of my siblings got it shortly after Dad died. I do have my maternal grandfather's leather razor strop as a keepsake.
I have two of those razors in a case, they are from my senior friend husband who passed away. PM sent.

Im in!
I don't remember my father ever wet shaving however I do remember when I was about 8 he got me a Mickey Mouse wet shaving kit. It had a brush, mug, plastic "razor" and then some soap. I would "shave" in the bathroom with him while he used some Barbasol and a disposable razor. He's always used the simplest razor gear he could find and I've never seen him with razor burn.

Last edited:
I would like to join this contest.

I do not recall how my dad shaved, but miss him dearly.

happy Father's Day dad.

I would like to join this contest.
My father used an electric Norelco razor for most of his life. And I remember helping the caregiver give him his very last shave almost exactly two years ago. Something about that moment that I will never forget.

Happy Father's Day to all the great Dads out there!

Top Bottom