What's new

Why Join This Shaving Forum ?

Great people, lots of information, Cool emoticons, 9 razors, 7 creams, 2 brushes...maybe I need a couple more brushes...now how do I get them here without getting caught...Oh yeah buy her something!!!!:thumbup1:

Rafael

I joined this forum at the same time I joined a couple others. I will occasionally post in the other forums but this is the forum I check most frequently and is by far the forum where I participate the most. I guess it is probably the membership here.

Another reason I like this site so much is that it is soo easy to use. I love all of the features, especially the reviews, none of the other sites have a review section so you really have to search. Here all you need to do is click the reveiws button and it takes yu right to them.

All I was really looking for was another cheap green rubber shaving mug like the one I owned 25 years ago, along with a cheap brush and soap. What I ended up with is a Moss Scuttle, a ShaveMac Silvertip and a bowl of Tabac. That's close enough for me!

After reading hundreds of posts here at B&B it seemed like a civil bunch of gents, so I decided to join and hang around for a little while. Nearly a year later I'm still here and glad of it. It's more than a civil bunch...I've found it to be a true gentleman's community...one I'm proud to be a part of! :thumbup1:

I joined because my wife said that if I didn't quit drinking she would divorce me... Sorry, wrong club.:blush:

Seriously, I joined because I learned a lot here and I hope to be able to help out some newbies in same the same way that I was helped along.

ouch said:
The very first thing I saw when I was initially directed to this site was Ron's avatar. I figured this must be the right place.
Me too. I was googling 'razor blades' and found Ron's member page.

I thought this was the Buffalo Bills fan support group.

That explains the responses to my posts!?!:rolleyes:

Ease of use( you can actually find reviews)

Community (main reason I stay)

Civility (no gratuitous use of foul language)

Exposure to new products ( resistance is futile- you will be assimilated!)

Knowledge base ( whatever one of us learns is shared with all)

Marty

Repeat after me:

"the power of Proraso compels you! The power of Proraso compels you!" :lol:

I joined here to kick back and learn what I can about ways to have a more enjoyable shave, as well as to just chew the fat in the barber shop section.

I stumbled across the MSNBC article last week when I was searching for information on how to get a proper shave with a Mach3/Fusion. That led me to Classicshaving.com, and from there I started searching for UK sites selling Merkur, AOS, Trumper etc.

I found http://www.gentlemans-shop.com/ which isn't too far from where I live, and placed an order on their website. While waiting for it to arrive I told some people about my order on the forum at www.scoobynet.co.uk - a Subaru owners forum. Some kind soul on there pointed me at B&B, and the rest was history.

I'm really impressed by this site, most fora seem to have their fair share of trolls/idiots but this one seems different, everyone is very like minded and helpful from what I've seen so far.

:smile:

I joined for a few reasons. What first attracted me was the vast amount of knowledge already locked away in the forums, accessible through the search button. Soon after it became apparent that this is the best place to have your questions answered quickly and concisely, as well as find the best product reviews and lowest product prices.

In my opinion B & B is a more active and pleasant community than the MSN group "thewetshaversgroup", which is where I first saw the link to the site.

And finally, this forum has a very attractive interface and relaxing color scheme.

Dave

For me it's a real form of relaxation:001_rolle , I love the different scents of the soaps, creams, a/s, colognes and so on...:w00t:
It's great:biggrin: :biggrin:

Thomas

I think I'd done some kind of google search on badgers hair shaving brushes and somehow a short while later I ended up here...

I became pretty much engrossed reading the wealth of information on here for a few days (i.e. 'lurking'!) & then became interested in buying all the shaving gear that everyone was raving on about. Then I thought what the heck, may as well turn this into a bit of a hobby!

To be honest though I'm really glad I came across this site...I never realised shaving could be so enjoyable! :w00t:

I actually cannot remember how I happened upon the forum, but one thing I do know is, it has given me endless nights of fellowship/knowledge.I just do not know where else you could have access to endless amounts of information.
I don't know what television is like in the States but in the UK it is very bad.
THANK GOD FOR BADGER &BLADE.

Regards Alan:w00t: :w00t:

Top Bottom