What's new

Why Join This Shaving Forum ?

This is the first and only site I have joined.....the reviews section sucked me in...and everything else just sort of happened.

My B&B addiction grew in phases. I can't remember exactly how I found the forums, but I initially stayed because of vBulletin - the setup here is easier to use than that other place.

I gradually started finding some good information that was helping me out in my daily shave. I started associating the good posts with their respective posters, and grew to appreciate the number of classy gents we have.

Next, I started taking part in the "easier" threads like the SOTD. It was addictive, and it gives me a record of my own shaves. I don't have the best memory. :redface:

Before I knew it, I was combining the quality information with the recommendations of the quality posters and buying more and more products... and then, of course, I already had a great crowd to commiserate with. What a lovely coincedence. :001_tongu

I only discovered wet shaving about five weeks ago and I only started about 3 & 1/2 weeks ago. Like everything I'm interested in, I find out as much as I can about it on the internet. A few days ago, I discovered LiesureGuy's blog and some references there pointed me here. And here I am!

Tim

DE shaving (for me) is about doing things the right way rather than chasing some marketers wetdream. Joined to learn and swap ideas and thoughts, but sometimes its daunting considering the amount of knowledge and expertise on show. Make me shy!

ForestryProf said:
Why did I join BnB? As I've typically found that if something is worth doing, it's worth becoming obsessive about.

Aint That the truth !

But seriously, folks.
My wife and most of my family and friends consider me their token Metrosexual so I joined B&B to prove them RIGHT !!

I also caught the MSN blog and became interested in improving my shave technique. I was using a Mach3, every other day, with my wifes shave gel. Every other day because my face couldnt handle a shave-a-day. Then I would have to touch up with an electric to further butcher my face. My routine for 20+ years.

I found B&B in August and have been literally addicted since.

I wont say that "wet-shaving" is easy but I will proclaim it to be SUPERIOR to anything I have ever tried. Still not ready for the straight...yet. Altho I do own one.:wink:

Personally, I wouldn't join this forum.

Other than interacting with some fine ladies and gentleman, getting great advice, and the occasional substantial vendor discounts, there's really no good reason to join. :rolleyes:

ouch

Stjynnkii membörd dummpsjterd
MasonM said:
Personally, I wouldn't join this forum.

Other than interacting with some fine ladies and gentleman, getting great advice, and the occasional substantial vendor discounts, there's really no good reason to join. :rolleyes:

All very true, but I still joined because of Ron's avatar.

I joined because seeing the Fusion razor come out just set me off a bit. I have been merely adequate wet shaves with a Sensor and Edge for years, and I thought there had to be a better way. This forum was an easy way to get advice on all the little details.

Then I realized that wet shaving is in some way connected to the broader concept of being a gentleman, treating people right, doing the right thing. I can't put my finger on the connection, but it is there. We are touching on a traditional approach to shaving, and getting in touch with other noble traditions as well. This is why I think the folks on this forum seem to be well spoken, kindly, generous, on the whole and in the main.

We as a world are becoming a vast network of virtual communuties. It is a beautiful thing. Like minded people get together, limiting the influence of marketeers who only care about making the world one huge Starbucks. People really talk, about their interests and about the world.

People can be small, petty, boorish, profit mongering, and a whole lot of other unattractive things. I have seldom seen these behaviors on this BB, and it is a pleasure to converse with the other members.

I look forward to our continued conversations, and I invite those lurkers to come out of the darkness, into the light.

Vin

ouch

Stjynnkii membörd dummpsjterd
scruffyv said:
People can be small, petty, boorish, profit mongering, and a whole lot of other unattractive things. I have seldom seen these behaviors on this BB.

Vin

Stick around!:lol:

Other than that, you offer a great analysis.

To be honest I joined because I was trying to find one web page about shaving (don't remember wha tpage it was but remember that there was a hyperlink to a video showing a guy who had a dream about women that stopped to shave because of the lazyness of guys to shave :lol: .... quite scary though). I always loved shaving but never thought that it would become my hobby. Well and here I am :biggrin: Amoung you guys sharing your great wisdom and trying to improve my shaving technique.

I joined because this forum was mentioned in many blogs/websites about DE shaving which I had heard from a friend could help eliminate my razorburn and ingrown hairs that plagued me for a long time. It's been a great source of information and I'm proud to be a part of this community.

Here is my as yet unmentioned route of discovery: I daily read the links at fazed.net and they pointed me over to Mark's (mantic59) videos over at youtube.com which got me very interested in wet shaving. I bought some supplies and awkwardly started "shaving" and waited for Mark to post some more videos. On one video, he mentioned badgerandblade.com so I checked it out and now I can't stop coming back.

I love the fact that over the, what, two weeks or so that I've been a lurker/member, I have yet to see a single curse word on the forums. Maybe I haven't looked in the right places, but I believe most of the men on this forum to be gentlemen and the women to be ladies. In fact, the crudest thing I've seen posted in my time here was here.

welcome aboard gentlemen, we are glad to have you....we have a lot of fun in here besides shaving, but that is what we like to focus on, making something most men hate to dointo one of the best things we look forward to each day...

feel free to contact me anytime...

mark the shoeshine boy

I joined because of the great hospitality and advice everyone offered.
I have shaved with a Norelco for 14 years and HATED shaving with a passion. Wikipedia referred me to Leisureguy's blog, which had a link to Badger and Blade. Lurked around a month or so till I plunged in and bought a HD, Vulfix brush, Merkur blades, Feather blades, and Taylor's Lemon and Limes. Following all of the great advice allowed me to grab good gear for a newbie and most of all, enjoy shaving.

I joined because of the great hospitality and advice everyone offered.
I have shaved with a Norelco for 14 years and HATED shaving with a passion. Wikipedia referred me to Leisureguy's blog, which had a link to Badger and Blade. Lurked around a month or so till I plunged in and bought a HD, Vulfix brush, Merkur blades, Feather blades, and Taylor's Lemon and Limes. Following all of the great advice allowed me to grab good gear for a newbie and most of all, enjoy shaving.

Glad to have you hear bud, an "ND fan" is always welcome!!! Go Irish!

I only discovered wet shaving about five weeks ago and I only started about 3 & 1/2 weeks ago. Like everything I'm interested in, I find out as much as I can about it on the internet. A few days ago, I discovered LiesureGuy's blog and some references there pointed me here. And here I am!

Tim

I guess I should formally thank Tim, it was he who introduced me to this wondeful world of traditional wetshaving that ultimately landed us both here. So I guess on your perspective you'll want to thank him or punch him. Probably punch him. :cursing: Sorry, Tim. :smile:

Top Bottom