What's new

What's your Favorite .22LR

That's great. I mostly shoot 25, but I just picked up a bunch of steel targets to set up at 50 to 100. Also a dueling tree to get the kids jazzed to shoot. My daughter's boyfriend heard me shooting in the yard when they were on the phone and now they both are begging to go out and shoot. I'm ecstatic so the steel is on the way!

Ruger 10/22 rifle and SW 22S target pistol. I use a Taurus TX22 for my students in the back yard range and it is an amazing performer for very little $. I'm thinking of getting the threaded barrel conversion and a suppressor for the TX so as to not upset the neighbors.

0708221045 - Copy.jpg
0708221045a - Copy.jpg

nikonNUT

The "Peter Hathaway Capstick" of small game
So since we are doing show and tell... Here is my shorty boi (SBR'd and seen by all I think.) and the newest edition, medium boi. Still waiting on a 12" handguard for the tucked look and a ambi charging handle but it's a shooter! They are both a hoot to run and the critters hate them! The twins...
The twins.jpg

P.S. Medium boi is lighter than shorty thanks to a scope that is 2 ounces lighter and a suppressor that is also 2 ounces lighter! Ounces really are pounds. Medium also balances and swings better thanks to a 1.25" shorter scope. Way more real estate for "stuff" as well!

Last edited:
So since we are doing show and tell... Here is my shorty boi (SBR'd and seen by all I think.) and the newest edition, medium boi. Still waiting on a 12" handguard for the tucked look and a ambi charging handle but it's a shooter! They are both a hoot to run and the critters hate them! The twins...
View attachment 1799503
P.S. Medium boi is lighter than shorty thanks to a scope that is 2 ounces lighter and a suppressor that is also 2 ounces lighter! Ounces really are pounds. Medium also balances and swings better thanks to a 1.25" shorter scope. Way more real estate for "stuff" as well!
Very cool! I have my 1st two suppressors in jail still. I want to SBR by CZ scorpion though. Love that thing!

nikonNUT

Very cool! I have my 1st two suppressors in jail still. I want to SBR by CZ scorpion though. Love that thing!
Nice! Hope they get approved quick! Gonna be 100% honest... Centerfire suppressors are cool (Have a Hybrid 46 that runs on everything from my 5.56s to my .338 LM) and 158gr sub-sonic 9mm is amazing but a suppressed .22 is THE most fun you can have with your pants on! :lol:

Nice! Hope they get approved quick! Gonna be 100% honest... Centerfire suppressors are cool (Have a Hybrid 46 that runs on everything from my 5.56s to my .338 LM) and 158gr sub-sonic 9mm is amazing but a suppressed .22 is THE most fun you can have with your pants on! :lol:
that's what Ive been hearing! I actually bought the omega 36M and the switchback 2.0 22 when I ordered. Im stoked!! Probably ordering another 22 can in a month or so. I definitely want more than one!

nikonNUT

that's what Ive been hearing! I actually bought the omega 36M and the switchback 2.0 22 when I ordered. Im stoked!! Probably ordering another 22 can in a month or so. I definitely want more than one!
They are definately addicitive! The Nyx was #3 (#4 if you count the integrally suppressed Tac-Sol) and I really think medium boi needs to be SBR'd because reasons! :lol:

As far long guns is concerned, we use two CZ 455 Varmint for hunting but in .17HRM and 22 Magnum.

My peferred pistol is the S&W 617. Ten rounds. I purchased it for my kid when they were kids. Now I am enjoying it.

IMG_0544.jpeg

Last edited:
It’s either the Henry octagon lever or savage bolt. But usually it’s the savage that that comes to the range. I love the slow deliberate action and manipulation of the bolt resulting in a well placed shot.
The Henry is fun, but emphasis is placed on working the lever vs placement.
My 1st. gun a 80s 10/22 sits in the safe and only came out 5 years ago because it got the “hand me down” scope of the Savage.
My Rossi revolver and H&R 999 sportsman are ok, they get to play more often than the 10/22 which isn’t saying much.

Top Bottom