What's new

What made you happy today?

Not today, but this weekend saw our deck removed, and a ~1300 lb rock installed as the new "step" to our eventual patio.

Now we just need to remove 24 years of Virginia Creeper which has been festering under the old deck. Unfortunately, the wife has nixed my blowtorch as a fire hazard.

My Dad has a couple of these. Quite handy back before we had cordless drills and still have their place.
Not quite in the vein of this thread but. This arrived today and I beamed a big ole broad smile. It's an original 'made in England' Yankee screw driver as new with bits and papers.

I found one of these way back in the early 2000's and after a clean and reconditioning it's provided great service and is up there as one of my best tools. However age is getting the better of it and on a recent gate hanging job it started to slip when screwing. So the only fix was to buy a new or as new as I could. So for a mere £20 Inc postage I now have what I would think is NOS.

View attachment 1157942View attachment 1157943View attachment 1157945View attachment 1157946View attachment 1157947

Has made my day. 😍

For me, It was Saturday's event that still has me smiling today. I went to the hospital to visit, and hopefully take home, my wife. When I got out of the truck (2.5 hr drive) and looked up to the 5th floor windows, I saw her walk over to the window. She waved and blew me a kiss. Brings a tear to my eye just to type that. It will have my heart full of joy for a long while I reckon.

mrlandpirate

Got lucky with dead badgers
Cooked a brisket for the people at the office
grafted 2 tangelo branches on my lemon tree (hopefully they take)
made one of my best pizzas yet
All n All a great day

Rhody

I'm a Lumberjack.
Its a bummer that the creator of this thread hasn't been around here as far as i can tell. I hope all is well with you @John Rose. I enjoyed your input on the boards.

A great friend bought me a new duvet cover and a sheet set, and I figured, why not, and bought all new bedding to go with. Duvet is my old one, not that old, so I bought a new mattress pad, four new pillows with protectors, and I assembled it all today. A minor thing, but it has made me very happy.

Two sessions bodyboarding yesterday - the only sessions for me this crazy year. And my wife and youngest son got out there with me! Good waves. I was grinning then and I'm grinning now just posting it.

Its a bummer that the creator of this thread hasn't been around here as far as i can tell. I hope all is well with you @John Rose. I enjoyed your input on the boards.
I was in contact with him earlier in the year, to send him a PIF box.
He's doing well, as far as I can tell.
But I believe (being completely ignorant about it) that he is no longer a member of B&B.

I called to correct a clerical error on the paperwork for my MRI, scheduled for late November. Upon inquiring about adding my name to the "cancellation list", I was told of an availability this Sunday morning. True, it's our Thanksgiving weekend, but an 0900 appointment should see me home in PLENTY of time to ignore my family for the rest of the day.

rbscebu

Girls call me Makaluod
Lysa, one of my girlfriends whom I hadn't seen for a few months, came to visit me last night. It's always good to see old flames.

Top Bottom