What's new

What made you happy today?

The video clip of a snowstorm in southern Australia.
Kangaroos hopping in the snow and kid's playing in the snow.
It reminded me of a one inch snowfall in Dallas. (circa 1961)
People just went nuts.
Making snowballs and tiny snowmen to put in the freezer to show the relatives.

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
Took my oldest granddaughter, Preslie, out to eat at a local Mexican restaurant for her 18th birthday. On the left, front to back, is my grandson’s girlfriend, grandson, my youngest grandchild (light of my heart), and me. On the right is the birthday girl, her friend, and my wife. It was a great dinner. I had fajitas
DD408194-9CDC-413D-8A3A-74E08D83088F.jpeg

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
My 13 year old SUV with a blue book value of $800 needed $2,000 worth of fixing. My wife decided it wasn’t worth it and that we should look at a truck Saturday morning. Who am I to argue? 2020 Toyota Tacoma Double cab! I’m Happy!View attachment 1144555
Ah, that bittersweet feeling. Letting go of a vehicle that has served you well for over a decade, and bringing home a new one. I had to do that in January, when my 2005 F-150 with finally gave up after 225k miles- it just wasn’t worth fixing. I hated seeing her towed off, but shortly after it I brought home my Cadillac

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
Took my oldest granddaughter, Preslie, out to eat at a local Mexican restaurant for her 18th birthday. On the left, front to back, is my grandson’s girlfriend, grandson, my youngest grandchild (light of my heart), and me. On the right is the birthday girl, her friend, and my wife. It was a great dinner. I had fajitas
View attachment 1144372
If you can’t tell, the little girl sitting next to me, and the 18 year old birthday girl front right are sisters.

Ravenonrock

I shaved the pig
Relaxing at the beach late afternoon with my darling. Blue sky, perfect temperature, wondering where the freighters were heading with their cargo. Didn’t want the day to end.

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
My shoulder has been giving me fits for 3 weeks. Today is the first day where it actually relaxed, due to anti-imflammorities. No pain pills needed today

Not quite in the vein of this thread but. This arrived today and I beamed a big ole broad smile. It's an original 'made in England' Yankee screw driver as new with bits and papers.

I found one of these way back in the early 2000's and after a clean and reconditioning it's provided great service and is up there as one of my best tools. However age is getting the better of it and on a recent gate hanging job it started to slip when screwing. So the only fix was to buy a new or as new as I could. So for a mere £20 Inc postage I now have what I would think is NOS.

IMG_20200921_092252978~2.jpg
IMG_20200921_092230964~2.jpg
IMG_20200921_092324820~2.jpg
IMG_20200921_092318960~2.jpg
IMG_20200921_092218605~2.jpg

Has made my day. 😍

Attachments

• IMG_20200921_092230964.jpg
    IMG_20200921_092230964.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 1
Lack of smoke and the end of world-leading bad air (for a major city) has made me happy. I went outside! Walked! Rode my bike! Bought groceries! The little things can be glorious.

Not quite in the vein of this thread but. This arrived today and I beamed a big ole broad smile. It's an original 'made in England' Yankee screw driver as new with bits and papers.

I found one of these way back in the early 2000's and after a clean and reconditioning it's provided great service and is up there as one of my best tools. However age is getting the better of it and on a recent gate hanging job it started to slip when screwing. So the only fix was to buy a new or as new as I could. So for a mere £20 Inc postage I now have what I would think is NOS.

View attachment 1157942View attachment 1157943View attachment 1157945View attachment 1157946View attachment 1157947

Has made my day. 😍
Nice. I haven’t seen one of those in over 20 years. My dad had one in his tools, but not with the box and papers.

View attachment 1157942View attachment 1157943View attachment 1157945View attachment 1157946View attachment 1157947

Has made my day. 😍

Nice find!

From my shop: No papers, from NORTH BROS. MFG. CO., in Philadelphia, and the two remaining bits are not NOS.

The Millers Falls AUTOMATIC DRILL works on the same principal, but needs some attention, or at least some lubrication, before it could be useful.

They belonged to the LOTH's grandfather, then to his daughter, my mother-in-law. He was a carpenter, a missionary/builder in Africa in the 1930s, and a shop teacher.

My dad had a yankee-style screwdriver in his toolkit, but a cheaper knockoff that was not too useful. I don't know where that ended up.

Seeing yours made me happy!

3115298B-375F-4F1D-9245-F3CDB61C9D37.jpeg

Last edited:
Top Bottom