What's new

What made you happy today?

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
Selfish I know, but had the house valued for a possible sale. Its gone up £125k in 10 years...🥳😀🥳
I keep getting calls from people willing to pay a similar increase on my house. This is my home, my grandchildren call it home. While tempting, I won’t sell. Some things are more important than money. It ain’t fancy, but it’s mine.

I keep getting calls from people willing to pay a similar increase on my house. This is my home, my grandchildren call it home. While tempting, I won’t sell. Some things are more important than money. It ain’t fancy, but it’s mine.

I know what you mean. SWMBO is mad kean to move into a bungalow with a smaller garden etc. The current plot by UK standards is huge and is pretty steep to get up the drive to as well. I did say I'd leave in a box but lately with work and having just the 15yrs old daughter and already being late 50's I think Mrs McB is right.......dont tell her I said that either.

As for happy today. Just listening to the birds singing in the garden.

Ravenonrock

I shaved the pig
It’s my son‘s 16th Birthday today. We had a nice morning hanging out, open a few gifts, family time. He’s off to hang with friends for the day but wanted to have dinner and evening in tonight with his mom sister and I. Boy becoming man, self discovery, finding your way, and trying to have fun and be social with some obvious challenges and uncertainty. He’s a kind and gentle soul, and I truly enjoy him so much. It made me happy to see how happy he was with the day ahead full of promise.

Seeing and hearing a Union Pacific container train zip through town at a healthy clip, powered by EMD locomotives. A rarity now. Most UP trains through here are dogging it these days, and have cheap, frugal and ugly GE locomotives in charge. GE units are homely and have no soul, whereas EMD units look and sound totally badass.

Well, yesterday. Watching my partner and his son fell Douglas fir. It was hot and they were getting it done! Small, but commercial timber, going down fast. Something about watching some real work competently done, knowing I was too old and slow, so completely off the hook. :thumbup:

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
My oldest granddaughter came home a month ago. Her father has kept her from us for six years, due to his issues with her mother. Today she turned 18, and I can admit without fear that she is here- no one can make her leave. She is a great kid, and graduated with honors from an accelerated high school. She has scholarships, but is taking a year off to reconnect with her brother and sister (different father). We all had a great day today just goofing off. Any day with my grandchildren is a great day

shoelessjoe

"I took out a Chihuahua!"
Today, my podiatrist gave the green light to begin walking, sans a boot & crutches, on my injured (5th metatarsal fracture) foot ... the last time the left hoof bore any weight was back in late May.

A puppy we inherited from a friend who died unexpectedly has turned out to be quite a charming fellow.
83310DD6-4E9F-4D78-99EE-C3FB09622DB2.jpeg

My oldest granddaughter came home a month ago. Her father has kept her from us for six years, due to his issues with her mother. Today she turned 18, and I can admit without fear that she is here- no one can make her leave. She is a great kid, and graduated with honors from an accelerated high school. She has scholarships, but is taking a year off to reconnect with her brother and sister (different father). We all had a great day today just goofing off. Any day with my grandchildren is a great day

Rocking!
This sounds awesome! Enjoy!

Top Bottom