What's new

What made you happy today?

rbscebu

Girls call me Makaluod
Today I finished upgrading my work PC. I decided that my 8 year old 32 bit PC with 1.6GHz processor and 1MB of RAM was getting just a little slow. The upgrade included going from Lubuntu 18.04 (32 bit) to Lubuntu 20.04 (64 bit). The new PC has a healthier 4GB of RAM and an SSD.

The new PC cost adout 1/3 of the cost of my old PC. It took me a couple of days but I feel it was worth it. Now I should be right for another 6 to 10 years 😁.

The same thing that makes me happy everyday, God's blessings to the point where I know if I wanted to I never have to work again.

I woke up and today is Saturday! It's been very hectic at work lately. But now it's the weekend and I'm not on call. It may seem like a silly little thing, but I got to sleep in and I've been on my front porch for two cups of coffee now.

martym

Unacceptably Lasering Chicken Giblets?
I woke up and today is Saturday! It's been very hectic at work lately. But now it's the weekend and I'm not on call. It may seem like a silly little thing, but I got to sleep in and I've been on my front porch for two cups of coffee now.
The finer things in life!!
The little bit of time to decompose (as my father says).

Put my back out on Wednesday. Hit the meds on getting home. My cat Jaffa came down stairs to greet me as I opened the door. In his own way he asked if I was ok and do I need anything, you know they (cats) talk with those little chirps, meows, and purrs. He then sat by me looking at me with one of the those cute cat faces they do. Really cheered me up.

It is Friday and, after lots of overtime this week, I've decided to end my work-week early.
Happy weekend to me.
Now, there's a couch with my name on it...

Ravenonrock

I shaved the pig
Watching my sons soccer game. Good to see some competitive sports and see the lads interacting. It was a heartbreaker, we gave up a goal in the last few minutes after mostly dominating but not able to finish. Lots of emotions on the pitch today with 16 yr olds. Fun day!

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
Just the wife coming home form work safely. Soppy I know.
Nope. That's a GREAT thing to be happy for. I'd be lost without my wife/best bud to banter with!

I definitely married up! (Of course, most of you know me well enough to know that if I married the wicked witch I'd be marrying up!)

A warm wind blowing through the house today. Radio on and a strong coffee in my hand as I look out over the garden. That and I'm convinced my cat has the ability to speak but only in front of me a little like Michigan J. Frog

Top Bottom