What's new

What made you happy today?

Thanks for the link. I toured Kruger National Park with a lady who does this weekly.

We got to see the Big Five. Even a start of a Lioness on a hunt. She said screw it and turned around. I didn’t
get to see a Cheetah or a Caracal. Ut the rest we saw...including a Rhino. But no shots of it since you can not post it at all. Its illegal to post Rhino photos since they can get the GPS setting off of it somehow.
So awesome. We saw a few lions start to go after an impala, but they too seemed to lose interest pretty quickly.
We did get some quality time with a mother cheetah and her cub, which was probably the most magical thing I’ve ever seen.
8CE3AFBA-E013-4D77-88C8-5F105830BEF7.jpeg
82F52C0A-7BA6-4A28-AC85-CB9EDFCCCCEB.jpeg

Picked up the new Kansas "Absence of Presence" CD today, from a friends' suggestion. Have gone through it three times--I can't stop listening to it. This music has me smiling and cranking up the volume to near window-rattling levels. So Kansas has made me happy today. This band is as good as ever, even comparing to the mid-70's juggernaut that gave us Leftoverture and Point of no Return. A few new members have juiced the lineup, and the results are impressive. Yes, the sound is updated, but the elements of Kansas' familiar pounding guitars, piercing drums and sonic keyboards make it clear whom you are listening to. I'm giddy at what this new material will sound like live. Kansas has it together, in a big way, and in one vicious slam dunk has regained the crown of America's prog-rock kings.

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
One look at mother cheetah and her cub is all you need to understand that felines are the badasses of the wild kingdom.
Amen. I tried to get some pics tonight of my two cats that saved my miserable life a few years ago "playing" in our garden. I'll see if I got a good one.

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
So awesome. We saw a few lions start to go after an impala, but they too seemed to lose interest pretty quickly.
We did get some quality time with a mother cheetah and her cub, which was probably the most magical thing I’ve ever seen.
View attachment 1129979View attachment 1129980
Cats love to groom (lick) the ones they love. Unfortunately, mine likes to lick my head around 6 AM.

FarmerTan

Cats love to groom (lick) the ones they love. Unfortunately, mine likes to lick my head around 6 AM.
Ours enjoys chewing my wife's hair.

Which isn't too big a deal until they decide to make sure her head stays still by digging in their claws!

One of our cats lived 17 years. He had NO sense of humor. I swear, if he did something that made you laugh at him, he'd hold it against you all day!

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
Ours enjoys chewing my wife's hair.

Which isn't too big a deal until they decide to make sure her head stays still by digging in their claws!

One of our cats lived 17 years. He had NO sense of humor. I swear, if he did something that made you laugh at him, he'd hold it against you all day!
They are strange creatures, and I love them.

FarmerTan

A friend dropped this off about 6 weeks ago, except it was in 9 boxes of parts. 1970 CT70 (K0) Trail 70 that's been in his family since new. He asked If I would help put it back together and clean it up. "Yup, happy to do it".

I was happy to have the project while sheltering in place.

It cleaned up really well. I have at least 8 hours in hand polishing the original paint. I re-covered the seat, rebuilt the forks, steering, shocks, swing arm, wheels, brakes. Engine covers, side stand, foot pegs got stripped & painted. New cables, grips, levers, headlight bucket & exhaust. It is still mostly original however. The engine had excellent compression and great spark so I only gave it a basic tuneup (new spark plug, air filter, set the timing, adjusted the valves), adjusted the auto-clutch, and rebuilt the carburetor. Starts up on first or second kick and runs like a champ.

The owner is very happy.

View attachment 1102731View attachment 1102730
Boy, you got skills!

You could get serious coin for that. Just wow.

Top Bottom