What's new

What did you learn from your last shave?

Any TOBS cream I have tried works very well for me. Just got their #50 and tried it, have used 8 others and this one works as well. I face lather, go for a ‘yogurt’ consistency lather. Whatever they do their product works for me....YMMV

That Proraso Green cream is great stuff.

That applying a little soap, in this case Tabac, before my hot towel, then a little of my cream for the day afterward, before actually face-lathering, contributes to a great shave and leaves my face feeling clean and renewed, too.

That washing my face with leftover lather after I’ve used the alum block causes the alum to roll up into little beads that then wash away with the lather. It leaves my skin clean of any chemicals that were used during the shave and readies it for the hyaluronic acid and moisturizer.

That washing my face with leftover lather after I’ve used the alum block causes the alum to roll up into little beads that then wash away with the lather. It leaves my skin clean of any chemicals that were used during the shave and readies it for the hyaluronic acid and moisturizer.
That sounds like "rub off, rub on." :stuart: :laugh:

i learned that shave sticks >>> pucks.

got a Lea stick (tallow) in the mail....first stick i've ever used and I got a BBS shave with only 2 passes (normally do 3).

i think its because applying the stick to your face/head prior to the lather really 'digs' the soap into the follicles in areas where it normally doesn't get. i love it.

i still have some pucks to get through like MWF, schafmilch, but after that i'm exclusively going to use sticks (lea, la toja, speick, palmolive, razorock).

That with a 36-hour beard (as compared to a 48), I don't really need a third pass. Like with my 24-hour shaves, one pass on cheeks and lower lip, then two on the throat should do it. I have no irritation, but I am definitely aware of having shaved.

Top Bottom