What's new

What did you learn from your last shave?

I had my first shave with Phoenix and Beau Spitfire this morning. It performed great just like the other Phoenix and Beau soaps I've used, but I'm not sure about the scent. I'll use it all next week and see if it grows on me.

I had my first shave with Phoenix and Beau Spitfire this morning. It performed great just like the other Phoenix and Beau soaps I've used, but I'm not sure about the scent. I'll use it all next week and see if it grows on me.
ive only used my Spitfire for one shave so far but i must say i actually enjoy the scent, it's certainly different from anything else👍🏼😁

I have got to stop making more than one pass on my lower lip. BBS or even near BBS is impossible for me there without drawing a little blood or causing irritation. If I am working on a 2-day beard, then maybe a second pass will be okay; but not when I have a 24- or 36-hour beard.

I have got to stop making more than one pass on my lower lip. BBS or even near BBS is impossible for me there without drawing a little blood or causing irritation. If I am working on a 2-day beard, then maybe a second pass will be okay; but not when I have a 24- or 36-hour beard.
Get the blade angle flatter to you skin (20-24 degrees) and reduce you pressure even more...

Get the blade angle flatter to you skin (20-24 degrees) and reduce you pressure even more...
This morning, with a 36-hour beard, I took the razor (a Red Tip) over my lower lip exactly once. Touching it now about 3 hours later, I feel no stubble unless I stretch the skin in that area . . . not something I'm likely to do very often. The point is the lower lip looks, and feels 90% of the time, smoothly shaved. There's no need for me to get fancy with it.

I have to watch out for the wax spots on my GSBs before I use them for the first time. If any of those bleed into the edge, it just dulls the edge.

If I can just flip over the waxy side and get the right side to cut though, I get a BBS which makes my cheeks feel 'glassy smooth', according to my wife.

Eben Stone

Staff member
That blades should not be kept in the bathroom.

And that the only way to know if you have a rusty blade is to take a good look at it (preferably before using it).

I started blooming my Stirling this week like a fancy soap and the lather exceeded expectations.
I've never bloomed my Stirling soap but now I'm curious... How long would you estimate you're blooming for?

On an unrelated note, I'm also dialing back on my previous post/assertion on the awesomeness of Kai blades.

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
Using some of my first shave gear accumulated when trying out traditional wet shaving years later can bring back fond memories of those days(challenging & exciting to see my results after a shave :detective::cuppa: )

Top Bottom