What's new

What did you learn from your last shave?

I learned that a shimmed razor can really do the trick! I tried a shim in a razor that hadn’t seen much action in a long time and got a really nice shave out of it 💈🖖🏼💈

That 19 may be the limit for a Feather blade on my face. The blade didn’t tug or pull, I just had a hard time getting the beard reduced.

I normally do three passes with clean up, but today I did 3 passes with clean up and while the shave is BBS, I had to work at it.

I did use a new shave cream today, so before condemning the Feather blade I’m going to do shave 21 with my usual setup to make sure.

Was going to toss a blade yesterday due to it feeling slightly tuggy and got like 2 weepers.

Chose to use the blade again today and had a fantastic smooth shave with it. No nicks or irritation.

It's not always the blade, people!

Not so much the shave itself, but in the prep for it. I received my latest order of colgne samples from Stirling, and as they usually do, they included a free sample -- their Texas on Fire shave soap. I scooped it out of the little plastic bag into a Col. Conk tub I'd cleaned out. Then I found that the Stirling label on the plastic bag could be peeled off whole and stuck to the lid of the tub. Stirling seems to think of just about everything!

That Stirling British Leather doesn't smell like English Leather. I've been using a sample of the soap and AS the last few days and neither of them smell like English Leather to my nose. The soap scent is starting to grow on me but the AS scent doesn't work well on my skin per SWMBO.

- That the Rockwell 6s goes very nicely with a Bolzano blade, at least on my skin;
- that I like Bolzano blades;
- that the PAA Ice Cube 2.0 is even better lathered on with a brush!

- That the Rockwell 6s goes very nicely with a Bolzano blade, at least on my skin;
- that I like Bolzano blades;
- that the PAA Ice Cube 2.0 is even better lathered on with a brush!
I really need to try Bolzanos. They are pretty expensive in Canada though.

Any other blade(s) you would compare them to?

I really need to try Bolzanos. They are pretty expensive in Canada though.

Any other blade(s) you would compare them to?

I’ve rated them similarly to Feather, and Nacet, and Personna Lab Blue, all in the Rockwell 6s; but I think they’re not quite as sharp as the Feather, and slightly sharper than the Nacet, and a bit smoother too. That was on two days growth - I haven’t tried them on consecutive days yet, as I generally only shave every two days if i can get away with it!

i got them from Razor Blades Club on eBay:

They advertise free worldwide delivery, and I can’t see Canada listed in the exclusions, so maybe worth checking it out.

I like them at least as well as GSB’s, Voskhods, Gillette Yellows, and Perma-Sharps, all of which are amongst my favourites.

Top Bottom