What's new

What did you learn from your last shave?

I usually use the Astra SP or Gillette 7 O'Clock Super Stainless blades. These are awesome blades and I get 3-4 really good shaves with them.
I tried the Shark Super Stainless a while ago and didn't like it very much. Didn't feel sharp, but was it very smooth. No razor burns, irritation etc.
I decided to give the Shark another go. Paired it with my Edwin Jagger DE89 and got a super smooth shave. Really good shave. Took me 3 passes, including against the grain. No irritation, no razor burns, no nicks. I think I'll pick up more Shark blades. They're on the cheaper side so it's good value for me. Edwin Jagger does make most blades feel really good eh?

Cheers

Mark

I used the Sharpologist article recommended white vinegar and water solution to clean my badger brushes. While I clean my brushes so that they run clear after each use I decided on a deeper cleaning. This first appeared to be a mistake. It took three times through each brush to eventually return to the great lathering brushes they are (3 Simpson best bordering on Super and Super plus my favorite Rudy Vey/Shavemac 2 band). Very relieved that my brushes have returned to form.

I can shave atg with my r41 with a very wet and slick face using cremo, I was always afraid to try it until last night. Better late than never, cuts shaving time down.

Owen Bawn

Garden party cupcake scented
If I stick with one razor and one soap for a week or 2 I find that my shaves improve as I become ever more familiar and comfortable with the products I'm using.

5 shaves in with my first straight razor and tried to go XTG today.... resulted in a small nick, first I’ve had in a long time. Will stick to the ol up and down and try more diagonal than side to side. Lesson learned

A Harry's Cart will give the shave of a Astra Platinum, particularly along my jaw line and neck so long as I go slow and make 3 passes.

In short, I find that Harry's gives me a 85-95% shave of the Astra with a far reduced chance of cuts, weepers.

Today when I came back from running my errands, my place had a scent reminiscent of shaving soap. Not the Tabac I used this morning, and in any case I don't take the stick and smear it on the walls, but a nice powdery scent, maybe from the Clubman powder I used after my shave. (Considering I live with two cats, and next door to and underneath people who seem to think of garlic as an essential oil, it's amazing I can smell anything else.)

Yet another good reason for DE shaving.

Top Bottom