What's new

What did you learn from your last shave?

I learned to be extra careful when I am having an arthritis attack. DE is easier and safer than a cart razor. Electric is totally out.

Last few shaves, cremo shave cream with a muhle r41 razor and rapira Swedish supersteel blades. This set up is faster and gives great slickness, works better for me than all other high end soaps and creams, better late than never. It takes me back 50 years when I started. Thanks to razorcan I went back to this method, what goes around comes around.

That after 6-8 shaves with the Merkur Progress adjustable, I may have it dialed in. Today, with a 48-hour beard, I tightened the razor all the way down, then unleashed it a half setting for my first pass on cheeks and throat. Then I re-tightened it to "mildest" and did two passes on lower lip and throat, and some cleanup on the throat. Near BBS, no irritation -- which I define as perfect for me.

I may try cutting the razor a bit more slack for a first pass the next time I use it, to experiment. But what I did today really works.

That Nacet is so sharp but forgiving that it might stop me from getting my technique down.
Never a nick, no matter how careless i shave and all smooth, maybe i should switch just to learn more.

rbscebu

Girls call me Makaluod
When using a M7DS of SR's, it's harder than I thought it would be to remember the previous shave so as to compare the edge on each blade.

Maybe older age is affecting my memory.

Edwin Jagger DE89 paired with the Astra SP is the perfect combination for me. I get 4 awesome shaves before having to change to a new blade. Also this combination works so well with the Arko shaving stick.

Mark

big blades are good!!!! (13/16)

first purchase and use of what I would consider a big blade.

20200617_061308.jpg

camo

That the difficulty I had on my last two shaves with the '62 Slim -- one just meh, the other giving a nick -- was probably due to the blade, which I should have tossed for dullness before those two poor shaves. Today, loaded with a nearly-new Personna Lab Blue blade, the Slim performed as it always has, superbly.

That the difficulty I had on my last two shaves with the '62 Slim -- one just meh, the other giving a nick -- was probably due to the blade, which I should have tossed for dullness before those two poor shaves. Today, loaded with a nearly-new Personna Lab Blue blade, the Slim performed as it always has, superbly.
Maybe 2 or 3 shaves on a blade is a good number, rather than try to stretch it like most of us do.

Maybe 2 or 3 shaves on a blade is a good number, rather than try to stretch it like most of us do.
Well, I was doing about 3-4 shaves per blade, developed when I had 5 razors in rotation. With a routine of shaving every other day, each blade would get about 3 uses in a month. Now I have 7 razors, so each blade will see about 2-3 shaves in a month.

JCarr

More Deep Thoughts than Jack Handy
I have to stick with the blades I tested and rated the best rather than dip my toe into the "blade was rated high, but wasn't the best" waters.

Top Bottom