What's new

What did you learn from your last shave?

Why can't I seem to learn that I don't need to go for a BBS? :mad2:

Okay, let me rephrase that a bit - Why do I have to learn again and again that I don't need to go for a BBS?

That I thought shaving every day hurt me. Well it actually did hurt me with the cartridge razors. But with the DE razors I'm getting great shaves and no irritation shaving daily.

If there is a zit, no matter how tiny or large steer away from it. Unless you are shaving with a sensor / excel. Slicing that zit open with a Gillette Fatboy on level 9 is likely to send shockwaves from the crown of your head to the tip of your toes, :bored:

Pre de Provence is a great shaving soap. Third day in a row. I finished all three shaves with a nice application of PdP balm.

DFS is the way forward for an everyday shave.

Right - now I need to repeat that to myself about 100 times a day after waking up.

Hold the shavette at the correct angle for reasons a) too high an angle (40 degrees+ ) is always painfull. b) too low an angle ( less than 30) is just stupid and you might not even shave like that just scrape of some lather

I was stubborn today, and reverted to my old "two passes" habit; one pass down, one pass up.

It does work, but a three pass shave is better. Still, no blood and no irritation. Just not as smooth as a three pass shave.

If there is a zit, no matter how tiny or large steer away from it. Unless you are shaving with a sensor / excel. Slicing that zit open with a Gillette Fatboy on level 9 is likely to send shockwaves from the crown of your head to the tip of your toes, :bored:
True that. Now I wait till it clears up

Today I learned to pay attention and not shave when tired if you can help it. I gave myself a small nick right under the Addams apple.
Respect the razor!

Top Bottom