What's new

Vintage and unusual aftershaves: Post your photos

I picked up a full bottle of Tabac today at a flea market. Is this from the eighties?

20181104_211156.jpg

I have that blue decanter of Blue Blazer. Was about 80% full.
Have you tried it yet? What does it smell like? Mine has a definite rose component, with a hint of soap and/or spiciness.

I also have a bottle of Clint like that. Sort of Oland "lite" to my nose.

What's Black Suede like?

What's Black Suede like?

Black Suede is my favorite of all the Avon AS.
It is mostly a "Powdery" smell, meaning it smells kind of like a talc powder. Very clean smell.
It does have some oakmoss, amber and leather smell as it mellows out.
I bought a new bottle of Black Suede EDT but I think it doesn't have as much of some of the base oakmoss and spice notes. That's compared to a Mustang decanter full of it that's dated around 2000. The EDT does last a lot longer though.
I'm still trying to find another EDT to pair with the Black Suede to kind of fill in the more earthy notes.
Aramis seems to work well.

I've seen one of the Mustang bottles full of Black Suede for sale on Etsy. It was only $5 but I already have 2 bottles...
The AS does last for 3 hours or so and is one of the longer lasting Avon AS that I've tried.

I bought a new bottle of Black Suede EDT but I think it doesn't have as much of some of the base oakmoss and spice notes. That's compared to a Mustang decanter full of it that's dated around 2000. The EDT does last a lot longer though.

I have the 1999 Mesmerize Mustang, I think I need to put the Black Suede Mustang on my list now.

Avon Black Suede. Don't judge by sniffing from the bottle, it's just a blast of alcohol. After dry down though it's a wonderful, smooth powdery scent. Slightly spicy, but also slightly green. Reminds me most of Deep Woods, but with more spice. This is from their 1981 "Club Collection" (not even sure what the "O" on the bottle represents).

BSuede.JPG

Haven't seen this particular one, but I do have some George Weyer stuff. Cool bottle, but doesn't really look like a gallon!

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Ha, I saw that, it doesn't look like it's much over 6 oz to me. That's what made me question it. I was wondering if it's the real thing or if someone printed their own label. It could be from the 30s or 40s but it really doesn't look that old.

neither am i, for that matter. Does it smell like the Veg?

No, not the Veg. I wouldn't have been able to answer that a few weeks ago but I ran across a bottle at a flea market recently. My wife is still taking about a divorce :117:.
20190109_170719.jpg

I'm really not good at describing smells but it's not lavender or powder. It's mild but not weak, it's very familiar but I can't put my finger on it. It's very appealing to my nose.

Top Bottom