What's new

Seasons Change-Does Your Aftershave?

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
I use the same aftershaves all year + through the 4 seasons & it depends on the mood I'm in + I like the citrus scents when it is -40 C it kind of cheers me up a little knowing better weather some where out there. Time to go on a tropical holiday or just before going on a winter holiday in the past can get me whistling and that is rare!

Spring---citrus and florals. Summer---citrus and aquatics. Fall---Musk and woody. Winter---spicy and woody. No hard firm rule, will splash on something that seems suited to another time of year for a change.

I use the same aftershaves all year + through the 4 seasons & it depends on the mood I'm in + I like the citrus scents when it is -40 C it kind of cheers me up a little knowing better weather some where out there. Time to go on a tropical holiday or just before going on a winter holiday in the past can get me whistling and that is rare!
Florida citrus is harvested in the winter. It should be a winter scent. Splash some citrus on and order a box of Florida citrus if you can't get a tropical holiday in. Maybe they will toss some sugar cane in with the citrus.

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
With autumn now here in the northern hemisphere, and the cooler weather now here in the northeast, I pushed my menthol aftershaves to the back of the cabinet. I’m now using my Aqua Velva Musk, Clubman, Old Spice and Brut.

How about anyone else? Do you rotate your aftershaves based on the weather?
I've been burning wood in the stove for the last week, so I'll be digging out the vintage Avon Spicy, Bay Rum, and Oland pretty quick. Wonderful stuff!

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
It's around 40 or 45 degrees here.

I forgot how incredibly INCREDIBLY powerful Grey Flannel EDT is. One short burst of a spray under my two layers of shirt, below my chest, and the smell coming from my collar is nearly overwhelming in it's close resemblance to the old Tabac shaving soap. My lovely bride hasn't even commented on it, I am amazed.

There are news reports claiming that Zombies are leaving my county. True story doggone!

steveclarkus

Goose Poop Connoisseur
I'm more inclined to just grab whatever I have laying around when wherever what I'm using runs out; usually Old Spice or Pinaud Bay Rum. I do have a bottle of Tabac and a bottle of Brut but am afraid to use either of them.

Just put the Proraso Green away and picked up a bottle of Red. I didn't use my Clinique balm all summer but will from now. I also expect to use my Thayer's After Shave Lotion more, the stuff in the ugly plastic bottle. Got some great ideas from the foregoing posts too. :001_smile

Top Bottom