What's new

Seasons Change-Does Your Aftershave?

I've just started moving the warm weather soaps and aftershaves to my bedroom drawer and bringing out the cold weather stuff. I have very limited storage space in the bathroom, so I kinda have to.

Whiskey Woods is such a great scent! It does linger on me, but not strongly. I think the key, @Jim99, is splashing on an absurd amount.:cornut:

I have a large bottle of Epsilon Scotch Spirit which I have heard is similar to Whisky Woods? Would you agree they are the same? I've been wanting to pick up the Pinaud but have been hesitant if they are truly identical. I do enjoy Scotch Spirit.

How about anyone else? Do you rotate your aftershaves based on the weather?
Yes. Found Pinaud Reserve Brand Spice this summer at a discount store and waiting until cool weather to wear.
PXL_20221003_182231173.jpg

Packed up will be most of the citrus aftershaves (Clubman Lime and Citrus Musk), the aquatic ones (Aqua Velva Ice Sport, Gillette Cool Wave), and the mentholated ones.

Last edited:

OkieStubble

Dirty Donuts are so Good.
I am very seasonal with my splashes. And even though fall has officially arrived, it’s still in the high 80’s where I’m at. So I take advantage to use up lots of my vintage splashes in my collection.

Vintage Brut with it’s light menthol hit, vintage Skin Bracer and of course Classic Aqua Velva. I also like to use up some of my collection that doesn’t see much seasonal use like, vintage Avon’s and some European favorites like La Toja, Speick and the German and Swiss Pitralon’s.

Come the first good cold front, fall colors and trees losing their leaves along with the Thanksgiving and Christmas holidays. Then I hitting the Bootlegger’s Original Bay Rum with much frequency.

The first of the year between January and March it’s very cold, rain, freezing rain and snow and I will switch to Bootlegger’s El Dorado and some vintage cold weather classics like, Grey Flannel, Polo Green, Aramis, Obsession, Halston Z-14, Shulton Old Spice and many others in the collection. :)

Eric_75

Not made for these times.
Yes. Found Pinaud Reserve Brand Spice this summer at a discount store and waiting until cool weather to wear.View attachment 1532914

Packed up will be most of the citrus aftershaves (Clubman Lime and Citrus Musk), the aquatic ones (Aqua Velva Ice Sport, Gillette Cool Wave), and the mentholated ones.
I sent a bottle of Brandy Spice to a friend last Autumn. It's his go-to holiday splash now. :001_smile

I sent a bottle of Brandy Spice to a friend last Autumn. It's his go-to holiday splash now. :001_smile
That’s it! I just put a bottle of Pinaud Brandy Spice in my online shopping cart. I updated my calendar to complete the purchase on January 1st (sabbatical end).

You guys are such enablers!

🤪

I just wear whatever I feel like on the day and my preferences don’t change with the seasons. A nice smell is just a nice smell, and I wear scents for my pleasure, not for anyone else’s benefit or to match anyone’s expectations. Wearing a summery scent on a winter day is nice, as it is in summer.

I do some times go with warmer scents if the weather is bad here in the UK. In the summer I mainly stay with fresh flowery scents.

I do change aftershaves seasonally, but I live in an area where it goes from triple digits (over 40 C) in the summer to snow in the winter. If I lived nearer the coast where the temperatures were more constant, I might not change aftershaves with the seasons.

I rotate my small stock of aftershaves and balms irregardless of the season. I do the same with my soaps, brushes, and blades. But then again, maybe I'm stuck in a rut. 🤔

I do gravitate towards sandalwood/ bay rum and tobacco scents more in the fall/winter time.

But will occasionally use a spring/summer scent once or twice a month for a change of pace. I guess I do the same in the spring/summer as well.

Then there are some scents I use year round.

Guess I like variety 🙂

Last edited:
I don't pack anything away for the season. There are fragrances I'm much less likely to reach for at different times of year, but I keep everything available to myself.

I actually like some menthol in the winter too.

I do change aftershaves seasonally, but I live in an area where it goes from triple digits (over 40 C) in the summer to snow in the winter. If I lived nearer the coast where the temperatures were more constant, I might not change aftershaves with the seasons.
I live in a similar region. The low last winter was -22f and the summer high was about 102f.

Top Bottom