What's new

Timeless .95 ss tour pass-around!!

The Timeless is back on the road heading to @cgr86 !! Just a quick note. The base that is in the master kit is not for the handle that is with the kit. I wanted to send out the same handle that the 1st participants used. I do not want anyone to think that the lack of it fitting is a Timeless issue. The handle that was made for the base fits perfectly.
Any questions just pm me. Enjoy the kit.
Happy Thanksgiving to all!!!
Denny

The Timeless is back on the road heading to @cgr86 !! Just a quick note. The base that is in the master kit is not for the handle that is with the kit. I wanted to send out the same handle that the 1st participants used. I do not want anyone to think that the lack of it fitting is a Timeless issue. The handle that was made for the base fits perfectly.
Any questions just pm me. Enjoy the kit.
Happy Thanksgiving to all!!!
Denny
I'm sure by base, you meant the stand, right?

Great review! I am using and comparing the GC .84 and the Timeless Ti .95, and your review was very helpful for my thinking about them. I love the HD handle on the GC .84, and the difference in weight between the two makes for different experiences from that point of view. The more maneuverable head of the GC is a big plus for me, and you can also let the weight of the razor do a lot of the shaving for you. On the other hand, the titanium of the Timeless has a wonderful soft feel against my skin, and the lighter weight makes for a smooth shave. Still testing them out, but so far they are both great razors and ones that I want to keep in my not so big den.
I haven't used my Timeless in many weeks since the arrival of the GC .84. The head shape makes all the difference for me.

Graydog

Biblical Innards
Funny, I am the exact opposite.
I can't stop using my Timeless Titanium scalloped .95 . For me it's the only Razor that I want to use anymore.

Funny, I am the exact opposite.
I can't stop using my Timeless Titanium scalloped .95 . For me it's the only Razor that I want to use anymore.

I've got one in the works myself and probably going to be the Ti. I think 2 more Surf&Turfs for the Misses and it's in the bag.... :ihih:

Here are the first 15 to sign up.
1 @GlazedBoker ( complete)
2 @dmshaver ( complete)
3 @CarlosAT ( complete)
4 @cgr86 ( complete)
5 @NJDJ ( in hand)
6 @steelcity2 ( on deck)
7 @bobmsp ( in the hole)
8 @ShavePastor
9 @Steve_in_CT
10 @CJB3
11 @PlutoViola
12 @Tim Meneely
13 @dezmil
14 @SolidSnake03
Starting the reserve list off is
15 @Cut Throat
16 @jbreakfield
17 @Flintstone65
18 @emwolf
19 @gwsmallwood
20 @Badger in the Sun
We had one drop out as he purchased a new Timeless. Congrats @avmech on your new razor.

I am the next person on the list and I just got the kit today. First, I would like to thank Denny for making this past around possible. I have always wanted to try a Timeless and the ability to try the different gaps and different types of base plates and top plates is wonderful. I knew that it was coming today so I held out until it arrived so I could get a shave in with it. I started with the 68 smooth cap and smooth base plate. I typically like milder razors, so I thought this might be a good one for me. That said, it did provide a smooth shave with minor blade feel however I can feel stubble after my normal two pass shave. I may need the 95. One thing that struck me about the razor in general was the heft of the head. It is larger than most of the other razors I have used. It is also pretty weighty. I am curious how the titanium version of this razor might feel. Anyway, I'm excited to try the other heads and will report back.

I am the next person on the list and I just got the kit today. First, I would like to thank Denny for making this past around possible. I have always wanted to try a Timeless and the ability to try the different gaps and different types of base plates and top plates is wonderful. I knew that it was coming today so I held out until it arrived so I could get a shave in with it. I started with the 68 smooth cap and smooth base plate. I typically like milder razors, so I thought this might be a good one for me. That said, it did provide a smooth shave with minor blade feel however I can feel stubble after my normal two pass shave. I may need the 95. One thing that struck me about the razor in general was the heft of the head. It is larger than most of the other razors I have used. It is also pretty weighty. I am curious how the titanium version of this razor might feel. Anyway, I'm excited to try the other heads and will report back.
I think that the .68 SB razor is the smoothest I've used. I'm sorry to hear that you're feeling stubble with it.

I think that the .68 SB razor is the smoothest I've used. I'm sorry to hear that you're feeling stubble with it.
It definitely was a smooth shaver. As for the stubble, it could be that I didn't have the angle right. It could be operator error for sure. I need more time with the razor.

Last edited:
I am glad it arrived safely. Look forward to your next review. I personally do not use the .68 but that is just me.

Many thanks P@tsfan! It is a titanium with the .95 scalloped bar And it is sweeeeeeet! BBS with no effort/burn/blood

It definitely was a smooth shaver. As for the stubble, it could be that I didn't have the angle right. It could be operator error for sure. I need more time with the razor.

i think its just too mild for you and you will like the 0.95, it is still a very smooth razor at that blade gap but much more efficient. Look forward to reading your review of the 0.95

Current tester here...back again. As I mentioned before, my first use was with the 68. I found that it was a little lacking in efficiency. My subsequent uses were all with the 95. That is a much better gap for me. This was really news to me because prior to this pass around, if I were to order the razor from Timeless, I think I would have chosen the 68. I'm really happy that I had this chance to experience it prior to placing an order. I really enjoy the 95. I think it's a very usable gap for me and one that I could utilize as a daily driver. I wanted to mention a couple of things that I haven't seen often in reviews. First, the rinse out ports in the base plates on the Timeless are really good. I guess they do make the razor larger but they work really well and never do you have a buildup of anything in the razor. They're probably the easiest to use washout ports of any razor I've ever used. Additionally, I wanted to comment on the handle. The handle that Denny included in the Master Kit is great. It's very grippy and provides a nice balance. Also, I think I prefer the scalloped top cap over the smooth top cap. I noticed what I would call some suctioning with the smooth top cap and that did not happen at all with the scalloped version. The scalloped version just had a smooth glide. I think if I were to order this razor I probably would order it in titanium. The stainless is a bit heavy for me. I think I would prefer lighter weight. All in all, it's been great being able to try things out and I too can recommend the Timeless to those who are interested in it. I want to thank Denny again for enabling the pass around. I will have one more shave with the razor tomorrow morning and then it will be on to the next tester.

Excellent review. The handle is awesome. My favorite is actually a combo setup. Ti .95 scalloped base, smooth polished SS top and Ti handle. Sorry I could not send out the Ti also but I need to shave with something. So glad the pass-around helped with your decision. Do you think you will buy one?

Excellent review. The handle is awesome. My favorite is actually a combo setup. Ti .95 scalloped base, smooth polished SS top and Ti handle. Sorry I could not send out the Ti also but I need to shave with something. So glad the pass-around helped with your decision. Do you think you will buy one?

I am not sure if I will buy one. If I do I probably will get the titanium so I may need to save up some. Perhaps a 2020 purchase.

Top Bottom