What's new

Timeless .95 ss tour pass-around!!

Flintstone65

Imagining solutions for imaginary problems
Attention everyone in the Timeless pass around and the currently 'not in' group. I am aware that some may want to try the .68 instead of the .95. I can send out my Master Timeless set and then everyone could try everything. I would need to up the insurance to $250 but that is the only new requirement. It has 3 plates, 2 caps, the stand and a barber pole handle. I would have to offer it to @GlazedBoker 1st so we would have to start over. I really would like as many opinions as I can get.
Thanks
Denny
Works for me -- of course, I'm #18 and on the standby list, so easy for me to say -- but it sounds awesome to me.

I'm better today so I needed to shave. I had been thinking how the Timeless compares to my current favorite razor, a vintage Gillette 2 piece RFB. Only one way to find out, have a shave-off. This is going to be good because I missed my shave yesterday, so this is going to be with two days growth.

I loaded both razors with a new GSB. I shaved the right side of my face with the Timeless & the left side with the RFB. I went with a 3 pass shave to get as much time comparing as possible.

The first difference is simple, the RFB is open comb while the Timeless is scalloped. Next difference, the weight of the Timeless is almost double that of the RFB, 58g to 115g. On to the shaves.

I used a shallow angle with both razors, wanting to experience both at their maximum efficiency. Balance & nimbleness in the hand are good with both razors, with the edge going to the RFB. The Timeless has a larger head & was a bit cumbersome maneuvering compared to the RFB. The Timeless & RFB have blade feel & audible feedback. There is more blade feel with the Timeless, & also more audible feedback of the cutting. I shaved the right side of my face, jawline, neck, & chin first using the Timeless, then did the left side of my face with the RFB. After a few strokes with the RFB I realized the Timeless is shaving closer. There is a more pronounced blade feel with the Timeless. With both razors it's easy to find the proper angle to maximize efficiency. I felt with the Timeless I have a narrower margin for error before drawing blood. It may be that I am extremely comfortable with my RFB & I am on just shave 3 with the Timeless.

I am able to remain smooth-shaven with the RFB for about 12 hours, & with the Timeless about 16 hours. Overall, my preference is still the RFB. But what this shave-off has made me realize is that weight does matter. I will be asking Santa to put a Ti Timeless under my tree.

Thank you @P@tsfan6484 for generously letting complete strangers use your beautiful razor. I now understand why so many claim the Timeless is their desert island razor. It may be my desert island razor in the near future. I'll be cleaning & packaging the razor & getting it off to @CarlosAT. You're in for a treat sir!
IMG_1870.jpg

Attention everyone in the Timeless pass around and the currently 'not in' group. I am aware that some may want to try the .68 instead of the .95. I can send out my Master Timeless set and then everyone could try everything. I would need to up the insurance to $250 but that is the only new requirement. It has 3 plates, 2 caps, the stand and a barber pole handle. I would have to offer it to @GlazedBoker 1st so we would have to start over. I really would like as many opinions as I can get.
Thanks
Denny

No worries here my friend. I’ve decided that the .95 would be the way to go for me once I order a Timeless. I have no need to try the smaller gap version. If @dmshaver would like to sample it, start with that fine Gent there. Big thumbs up for offering your master kit for all to sample.... :thumbup1:

I posted my review before I read the offer of the Master Kit. I'll wait to hear who I send the razor to next, in case @GlazedBoker wants to sample the other plates & cap.

I’m good my friend. I have no need to sample it for the reason above. Carry on Gents and happy shaves to all...

I'm also in the .95 camp. I'm not needing the Master Kit, so I'll be sending the razor on to @CarlosAT. Those of you yet to try the razor, you're in for a real treat!

Thanks
Denny

I have steel wool for stubble and lean more towards a mid-aggression razor to help with efficiency, so I suspect that the .68 would be too mild for me. That said, if you want me to put it all together, I can add it to the box before passing it all on. Let me know and I can PM you my address.

I’m indifferent on the Master Kit since I own a .68. But I’m up for the extra insurance if others want the whole set.

I'm definitely down for being on the Master Kit list since I've got a while before my name comes up anyhow :)

We need to send a separate email for that?

INCOMING!!

The Timeless is scheduled to arrive to me today. Unfortunately, I'm not scheduled to arrive until tomorrow. Last minute overnight business trip, unfortunately.

The fam will take good care of the razor until I'm back and my first shave with it will be on Thursday morning with my comments later that day.

Stay tuned, amigos and sorry for the added suspense.

I'm game for the other plate being included. I'm also quite ok if it does not get thrown in the mix. I'm just glad to be included in this generous tour!

Here are the first 15 to sign up.
1 @GlazedBoker ( complete)
2 @dmshaver ( complete)
3 @CarlosAT ( in hand)
4 @cgr86 ( on deck)
5 @NJDJ ( in the hole)
6 @steelcity2
7 @bobmsp
8 @ShavePastor
9 @Steve_in_CT
10 @CJB3
11 @PlutoViola
12 @Tim Meneely
13 @dezmil
14 @avmech
15 @SolidSnake03
Starting the reserve list off is
16 @Cut Throat
17 @jbreakfield
18 @Flintstone65
19 @emwolf
20 @gwsmallwood
21 @Badger in the Sun
Thanks so much for signing on!!
I will be getting the Master kit out as soon as I come up with a plan. I do not want both out there at one time and I do not want anyone to have to pay twice for shipping. I will come up with something.
Thanks for your patience in advance.

I would appreciate the chance to try the .68 in addition to the .95. Will be happy to pay for additional insurance when shipping.

Thanks

Top Bottom