Aventus: 11
Other: 7

Razor: Muhle Rocca R94
Blade: Tiger Platinum(5)
Brush: Muhle Rocca R94 STF
Soap: RR Don Marco
A/S: Old Proraso Green
Post Shave: Nivea Sensitive Shave Balm, Nivea Hyaluron Creme

This evening the weather changed from showery (Irish Summer weather) to thunder and lightning and rain heavy enough to drown you standing up (Irish Autumn weather, monsoon season) so naturally I decided the best thing to do was dig out something summery and citrusy and make believe I didn't get drenched today. It was a choice between Don Marco and Moon Soaps Sorrento, after a sniff test I determined that DM smelt like oranges where as Sorrento smelt like a fart in a tub, though I am coming around to my son's way of thinking that it has a paint drying note in there too, so much for "smells like an Amalfi orange grove".
The shave went very well, but despite being smooth it ended up in a DFS so I am binning this blade and finishing out the week with a Tiger stainless (yellow).

Date19.08.2023
365 daily shaves
231/365
GRUME August
19/28
SOTMC (All Aventus August)
19/31
Blade Biter’s Archive05/32
Tiger Week06/07

RazorBladeBrush
Gillette Old Type*Tiger Platinum (4)Omega Super Badger
PreshaveSoapPostshave
Cold splash
KCG Face Wash
Proraso Green preshave
Alpha Men 2.0Cold splash
Aftershave
Balm
*Ball-end Handle

PassesWTG XTG ATG TU
Efficiency
(details here)
Quality / My process
8/10 (~20m)10/10 (clean)
EffectivenessComfort / Blade condition
8.75/10 (DFS+++)
9/10 (Buttery smooth)

Notes to this shave:

Summary - What a way to start Saturday! Great shave from the Old that still can compete with every new generation.

For extended shave notes click here.

Enjoy your shave!

Date19.08.2023
365 daily shaves
231/365
GRUME August
19/28
SOTMC (All Aventus August)
19/31
Blade Biter’s Archive05/32
Tiger Week06/07

RazorBladeBrush
Gillette Old Type*Tiger Platinum (4)Omega Super Badger
PreshaveSoapPostshave
Cold splash
KCG Face Wash
Proraso Green preshave
Alpha Men 2.0Cold splash
Aftershave
Balm
*Ball-end Handle

PassesWTG XTG ATG TU
Efficiency
(details here)
Quality / My process
8/10 (~20m)10/10 (clean)
EffectivenessComfort / Blade condition
8.75/10 (DFS+++)
9/10 (Buttery smooth)

Notes to this shave:

Summary - What a way to start Saturday! Great shave from the Old that still can compete with every new generation.

For extended shave notes click here.

Enjoy your shave!
OK, I read the asterisk remark. But ball-end handle is not a sufficient information for me. What are the bottom plate and cap? There are 2 cap thicknesses and 3 bottom plate. Any photos?

19/08 ARKO & TIGER WEEK
Photo-0114.jpg

Pre-shave: Ponds Cold Cream (cleansing/protection/slickness), ARKO lather and rinse. Re-lather and shave. Brush: homemade synthetic, Razor: YUMA, Blade: Minora (good pairing with Yuma similar to feel to GSB), A/S Jovan musk

OK, I read the asterisk remark. But ball-end handle is not a sufficient information for me. What are the bottom plate and cap? There are 2 cap thicknesses and 3 bottom plate. Any photos?
Sure Ivan - I think it’s a thick cap. One of the later version I recall from one of your earlier comments.

Mike M

...but this one IS cracked.
IMG_20230819_142727.jpg

365 shaves in 2023
Shave#230 of 365 (100% 135 left)
All Aventus August (In and Out)
Arko August (No Arko No Way)
Tiger Week
SV Saturday

Arko:
Aventus: 12
Other: 7

Razor: Muhle Rocca R94
Blade: Tiger Stainless(1)
Brush: Muhle Rocca R94 STF
Soap: SV Opuntia
A/S: CK be
Post Shave: Nivea Sensitive Shave Balm, Nivea Hyaluron Creme

Tonight for SV Saturday and AAA I pulled out Opuntia once again, this setup is rapidly becoming one of my favourites and I'm enjoying this brush more and more. If I was to have only one setup for the rest of my life I think this (probably with the Personna Platinum blade) would be it.
I started a Tiger Stainless blade for the remainder of Tiger Week, I have found this blade to be better than the Platinum. The shave tonight was much better than last night and ended up in a BBS.

20/08 ARKO & TIGER WEEK
Photo-0115.jpg

Pre-shave: Ponds Cold Cream (the beeswax in this stuff really helps to smooth out irregularities and uneven stubble), ARKO lather and rinse, re-lather and shave, Brush: homemade synthetic, Razor: Wilkinson Sword/Treet black plastic with my own handle enchantments, Blade: Minora (2), A/S CK Eternity (as it's Sunday and I'm merely mortal at this stage in my life). BBS smooth shave

THANKS @ivan_101 for an enjoyable week. -Cheers

Top Bottom