What's new

7 O'CLOCK WEEK (2023) STARTS on the 21st of AUGUST.

LOL! Never knew they called them Indian Feathers, but that just makes me laugh.

It is something I have run across on social media, not only in relation to these blades, but sometimes other Indian blades. I honestly think that once sharpness gets past a certain level, some folks no longer perceive a difference. Like, if your usual blade is Derby Extra then almost everything seems "As sharp as a Feather!"

Still, it is a very solid blade. I like it! :thumbup:

It is something I have run across on social media, not only in relation to these blades, but sometimes other Indian blades. I honestly think that once sharpness gets past a certain level, some folks no longer perceive a difference. Like, if your usual blade is Derby Extra then almost everything seems "As sharp as a Feather!"

Still, it is a very solid blade. I like it! :thumbup:
It is just that most guys with light and medium tough whiskers can't get a real perspective of blade sharpness. Years ago I wondered about comments like "Bic is Feather sharp" or "Nacet is Feather sharp". Then how come I get BBS with the Feather and not with the Bic or Nacet in a Tech with the same brush and cream?

Excuse my asking, but are you in the Fatip cult? :c1:

I think I might be. My Mk1 Grande was the only razor I used for 5 or 6 years, and now I also have this one and a Piccolo (which I can't find - it's a complete mystery where it has gone). Nowadays, I have a drawer full of CNC stainless razors, but it's tough to beat a Fatip!

I didn't know it was a cult!
It is just a joke a like repeating from time to time. So many Fatip lovers on this forum.

I think I worked out why they call them "Indian Feathers"

1693171528514.png

I was not expecting that!

Mike M

...but this one IS cracked.
IMG_20230827_124827.jpg

365 shaves in 2023
Shave#238 of 365 (100% 127 left)
All Aventus August (In and Out)
Arko August (No Arko No Way)
7 O'Clock Week

Arko:
Aventus: 18
Other: 9

Razor: Muhle R41
Blade: Gillette 7 O'Clock SharpEdge(7)
Brush: Yaqi Evil Zebra
Soap: RR Emperor
A/S: Proraso Green
Post Shave: Nivea Sensitive Shave Balm, Nivea Hyaluron Creme

Tonight was my 18th AAA shave of the month and lathered with the Evil Zebra gave yet another excellent shave. I decided for the last shave with the SharpEdge of 7 O'Clock week to help it's failing edge along a little by using the R41. The shave was quite comfortable and the R41s added efficiency led me to a BBS finish in three standard passes.
After finishing my 100 ml Old Spice this morning I am starting to 3017 my Proraso Green. Now I'm down to 4 aftershaves.

Thanks to @ivan_101 for hosting

Top Bottom