What's new

7 O'CLOCK WEEK (2023) STARTS on the 21st of AUGUST.

For the finale:
7 O'clock Permasharp / 7 O'clock Permasharp

27--08.jpg

Date27.08.2023
365 daily shaves
239/365
GRUME August
27/28
SOTMC (All Aventus August)
27/31
Blade Biter’s Archive05/32
7 O’Clock Week07/07

RazorBladeBrush
Mühle Rocca V4
Gillette SA 109
Gillette Black (6+7)Omega Proraso
PreshaveSoapPostshave
Cold splash
KCG Face Wash
Proraso Green preshave
Alpha Men 2.0Cold splash
Aftershave
Balm

PassesWTG XTG ATG TU
Efficiency
(details here)
Quality / My process
8/10 (~20m)10/10 (Clean)
EffectivenessComfort / Blade condition
8.75/10 (DFS+++)
10/10 (GlideFest)

Notes to this shave:

Summary - Celebration shave as today is the anniversary of our wedding day. And so the Curly Special (by @Curly Straight) comes out to play. A nice tango with the Rocca.

For extended shave notes click here.

Enjoy your shave!

Date27.08.2023
365 daily shaves
239/365
GRUME August
27/28
SOTMC (All Aventus August)
27/31
Blade Biter’s Archive05/32
7 O’Clock Week07/07

RazorBladeBrush
Mühle Rocca V4
Gillette SA 109
Gillette Black (6+7)Omega Proraso
PreshaveSoapPostshave
Cold splash
KCG Face Wash
Proraso Green preshave
Alpha Men 2.0Cold splash
Aftershave
Balm

PassesWTG XTG ATG TU
Efficiency
(details here)
Quality / My process
8/10 (~20m)10/10 (Clean)
EffectivenessComfort / Blade condition
8.75/10 (DFS+++)
10/10 (GlideFest)

Notes to this shave:

Summary - Celebration shave as today is the anniversary of our wedding day. And so the Curly Special (by @Curly Straight) comes out to play. A nice tango with the Rocca.

For extended shave notes click here.

Enjoy your shave!
Congratulations on your anniversary, then!
Tango with Rocca, you say. Beware, your missus might not be happy you are dancing with a razor (you call your razors "she" as far as I can remember) on your anniversay. :lol:

Congratulations on your anniversary, then!
Tango with Rocca, you say. Beware, your missus might not be happy you are dancing with a razor (you call your razors "she" as far as I can remember) on your anniversay. :lol:
Thanks Ivan! She (LOTH) has nothing to worry about my friend! The Rocca isn’t that amazing. In fact the LOTH said she has felt me smoother after I shaved with it yesterday. And I must concur, but it might be the blade. Shaves very nicely, but it is less long before stubble reappears.

Guido

Thanks Ivan! She (LOTH) has nothing to worry about my friend! The Rocca isn’t that amazing. In fact the LOTH said she has felt me smoother after I shaved with it yesterday. And I must concur, but it might be the blade. Shaves very nicely, but it is less long before stubble reappears.

Guido
Yes, I can't get a very close shave with it.

I used the same configuration as Friday, except that I changed my razor for the
PAA La Criatura from Phoenix Artisan Accoutrement.

Cold water shave, one pass WTG, the result is the same, CCS, no irritation, redness or razor burn.

The 7'O clock Permasharp is a very good blade, and I still have nothing to complain about.

Ratso

Mr. Obvious
Sunday’s shave.
Razor: Gillette Tech.
Blade: Gillette 7’Oclock Super Platinum 2nd use.
Soap: Arko Hydrate.
Brush: Trafalgar T2.
Preshave: Shower.
Postshave: Thayers witch hazel, Proraso green aftershave , Proraso white balm.
Alum feedback. Face: low Neck: low.
Smooth: 9.0
Close: 9.0/10
Soap: 9.2/10
It was a quick shave today so I can hit the road for a 3 1/2 hour drive. I didn’t use my Arko aftershave. My wife hates it. I don’t want her to sit in an Arko cloud for the long drive.

IMG_6398.jpeg

Arko August/7OC Week

27/8/23

Pre - Palmolive Sea Minerals
Soap - Arko
Brush - Oumo Flat Top Boar/ApSc Handle
Razor - Gillette Rocket HD
Blade - 7 O'Clock Super Stainless
Post - Witch Hazel
AS - Makler Celebration

Last shave of 7OC week. I never get good shaves with this blade, but today's one was one of the better shaves with it. Seems to work a lot better with the Rocket HD than the Techs I often use with it.

IMG_20230827_131052.jpg

7o'clock SOTD
1933-SOTD-O_2023-08-27.jpg
:001_wub:

Brush: Shavemac "Kleiner Bayer" Silvertip D01 2-Band 14/42
Soap: TFS Mandarino Tachibana
Razor: 1933 7o'clock Flat Bottom Open Comb on custom Olive Wood handle
Blade: Gillette 7o’clock Black (5)
ASL: TFS Mandarino Tachibana

An excellent shave. :biggrin:

It was difficult to drag myself away from my Blackbird, but I wanted to get a full 7o'clock shave in before 7 O'CLOCK WEEK finished. It's been another great week. BIG THANKS Ivan (@ivan_101) for hosting it again; it's been great fun. :thumbsup:

Happy shaves guys. :cornut:

Lupo 95 SB
7 O'clock SP (5)

Mowed down 2 days growth with no problem and still going strong. A very enjoyable week of shaves with the Super Platinum.
View attachment 1708695

Thanks to @ivan_101 for the thread and a Happy Anniversary to you @Guido75
Thanks Sweeney. My eye keeps being drawn to that copper baseplate. Amazing! Newbie question - was there ever a copper or brass Lupo? Or is this a one off? Or something else altogether.

Guido

Thanks Sweeney. My eye keeps being drawn to that copper baseplate. Amazing! Newbie question - was there ever a copper or brass Lupo? Or is this a one off? Or something else altogether.

Guido

No copper or brass Lupo that I'm aware of.

Chris of Back Roads Gold replated one of my vintage Gillette razors and I sent in my Lupo 95 base plates - SB and OC - as addon items for the copper plating. It seemed the least I could do for my most favorite razor of all time.
It's just personal preference and some may not approve, but I'm a sucker for the two-tone look. 😻

At 9:15 on Sunday I am leaving it a bit late for my first shave in 7 O'clock week, but I didn't want to miss out!

Pre: Hot water and two warm, false lathers
Razor: Fatip Grande
Blade: 7 O'clock Super Platinum
Cream: Palmolive
Brush: Wilko!

My first ever use of this blade. I found its reputation for sharpness was exaggerated - it's certainly sharp enough for fun but not quite an "Indian Feather" as I have heard some call it. Overall, it delivered an excellent and very close DFS++ shave in the Fatip, although I did get one small nick, which is something that seems to happen to me with the sharper Indian made blades, but almost never with Russian or Japanese ones. Nevertheless, I don't hold that against it, and if these were the only blades in the world I would still be a very happy shaver!

Also @Alum Ladd will recognise one of the items in this SOTD...I decided not to wait until next week and had a trip into town!

20230827_204402.jpg

Last edited:
I found it's reputation for sharpness was exaggerated - it's certainly sharp enough for fun but not quite an "Indian Feather" as I have heard some call it.

View attachment 1708742
LOL! Never knew they called them Indian Feathers, but that just makes me laugh. Sharpness difference is big between them. I have heard people calling a dozen other blades "Feather-sharp" though.

Top Bottom