What's new

The Thin Blue Smoke thread VIII- BBQ at the B&B

proxy.php

Mmm Mmm good.

Have these chickens on for a shindig we are going to tonight. Im going to glaze the legs and some klobase once the whole birds are ready.
proxy.php

I did a couple of beer can chickens on the Weber gas grill last night over Lone Star beer and the carrot/onion/celery trinity in the bottom of the racks. I use a rub from a local butcher shop that I use on most everything I grill or smoke unless it has fins. My chickens were dancing last night!
proxy.php

brucered

System Generated
This just went on for Beef Dips tonight.

proxy.php

I wonder what I should do with that little nubby that fell out/off? Well I took care of that, it's gone.

brucered

System Generated
Wow, I big hunk of meat there Bruce. Beef dips? Is that anything like a French dip sandwich?
Yeah, same thing.

This was a 5.5lb rump that one of the kids picked out at Costco yesterday. I dry rubbed it overnight and poured the juices and added some other goodies into the DO for the dip. We're having my folks over, so wanted to make sure we had plenty

Thinly sliced Beef, hoagie bun, melted cheese, grilled onions and Au jus on the side.

Hopefully it all turns out. I don't use the rotisserie often. But every time I do, I always say "Why don't we use this more often?". Set it and basically forget it.

Last edited:

DoctorShavegood

"A Boy Named Sue"
Yeah, same thing.

This was a 5.5lb rump that one of the kids picked out at Costco yesterday. I dry rubbed it overnight and poured the kuices and some other stuff info the water pan for the dip. We're having my folks over, so wanted to make sure we had plenty

Thinly sliced Beef, hoagie bun, melted cheese, grilled onions and Au jus on the side.

Hopefully it all turns out. I don't use the rotisserie often. But every time I do, I always say "Why don't we use this more often?". Set it and basically forget it.

Sounds amazing. I don't have a rotisserie, but I bet there's a way to make one for my regular grill.

brucered

System Generated
Sounds amazing. I don't have a rotisserie, but I bet there's a way to make one for my regular grill.

Mine is made for my NG grill, but any of those universal ones should work fine. All it needs to do is spin the meat. It doesn't have to be anything fancy.

I lucked in on mine. It was listed on a local used site, new in box, Vermont Castings for about $20. My grill was a score too. I got it for about $300 CDN, when they went bankrupt back in 2008/2009. It's built like a tank and because they are back in business, future parts should be accessible.

1 hr in.

proxy.php

Last edited:
Top Bottom