What's new

Partake in the Madness

G-I-V-E-A-W-A-Y

So, as we kick off the eighth (!) Meerschaum March, I want to spread a little madness to a Brown Leaf Brother...

20230302_145135.jpg

I am giving away this (maybe, if the case can be believed) Bauer meer, which I picked up in my favorite San Diego B&M during the heady days of the first Meerschaum March Madness - as noted in the MMM thread from 2016:

So, I stopped into my B&M today to pick up a cob to help drag someone else down this rabbit hole assist a friend in sampling some fine tobacco.

This pipe has been in my collection for 8 years, yet never really found its way into my smoking rotation - it's probably had less than 10 bowls put through it since I got it. Now, Bauer is one of the great old names in meerschaum pipes, and I was thinking of putting it on a wall in my den, but I figured...why not send it to someone who might get some use out of it?

Which leads us here. Now, the issues it had are all still there, but it is still a capable - if not altogether comely - smoker.

It's not without issues. There is a tiny crack, about 1/8", at the end of the shank; the stem is a little loose and there is a small gouge in the button. But I couldn't pass it up.

So, it's not going to win any beauty contests, but it is a meer, and this is Meerschaum March. The rules of this little game are simple. If you are a Brown Leafer (you're reading this, aren't you?) who does not currently own a meerschaum pipe - you're eligible. Just let me know you'd like to be considered. I'll let it run for a week or so, then draw a name and get it out to you in time to light up a bowl before March is over.

That's it. Who wants it?

Last edited:
Top Bottom