What's new

The Return of RazoRocktober!

So...your saying I need to get this too?? I love cella!

Any of the Artisan line (Linea Officina Artigiana) is worth a try! I haven't tried many of the more recent ones, but the originals are awesome. The Chianti Lavender is good, but if you've already got a lavender I suggest try a different one. Caprician Lemon is a great lemon scent. Boston Tea Party is hard to describe, but its one that stands out as unique among most scents. Third Eye smells good too, its a sandalwood of some kind. The Caribbean Coconut (same line, right?) is another keeper. Good, no nonsense coconut scent, though a little light. The others, the Mughetto and Napoleon Violet are pure flowery scents to me. If thats your thing, go for it! They perform just as great! But Cyber don't play dat.

It smells like lavender but performs just like Cella. It's fantastic stuff.

That sounds amazing! I love Cella. For some reason, I always wait a long time to use my tub of Cella and then I wonder why I waited so long. I'm officially adding it to my November order. I assume I'll have used up my King Louis Lavender by then :thumbup:.

It smells like lavender but performs just like Cella. It's fantastic stuff.

Any of the Artisan line (Linea Officina Artigiana) is worth a try! I haven't tried many of the more recent ones, but the originals are awesome. The Chianti Lavender is good, but if you've already got a lavender I suggest try a different one. Caprician Lemon is a great lemon scent. Boston Tea Party is hard to describe, but its one that stands out as unique among most scents. Third Eye smells good too, its a sandalwood of some kind. The Caribbean Coconut (same line, right?) is another keeper. Good, no nonsense coconut scent, though a little light. The others, the Mughetto and Napoleon Violet are pure flowery scents to me. If thats your thing, go for it! They perform just as great! But Cyber don't play dat.

I'm really diggin' the scent description of Caprician Lemon. That may also be ordered in November. The coconut sounds like a nice tempting summer scent as well...

I tend to avoid the floral scents but there's plenty of other options with RR.

The Boston Tea Party is phenomenal also, as is the Caprician Lemon.

Working from home tomorrow, so don't need to shave, but probably will anyway so that I can try out the XX cream.

RazoRocktober Shave #2:
Prep: Hot Shower / Razorock 888 Eucalyptus and Tea Tree Shave Gel
Razor: 1961 Gillette Flare Tip Superspeed
Brush: Liojuny Finest
Soap: RazoRock La Famiglia Intense Bergamotto Neroli Artisan Hard Shaving Soap
A/S: Dickinson's Witch Hazel / Aqua Velva Ice Blue / Nivea Sensitive ASB

I feel good because I am BBS'n...

Prep: Hot Shower / Neutrogena Razor Defense Face Scrub
Razor: Korn 4/8 Hollow
Brush: Savile Row 3824
Soap: Nonno Michelino
A/S: Green Freeze (1/2 Skin Bracer + 1/2 Osage Rub) & RazoRock Don Marco ASB
Result: DFS -
Irritation: 2/10

Lather was still just so-so today. I'll keep working at it until I dial it in.

Yesterday was the first time I tried the Don Marco ASB. It didn't seem to make my face any greasier than what it ends up being throughout the day (one of the firsts to do that; the only other was GFT Skin food sample I had). In fact it left my face feeling smooth and soft for a couple hours after.

I decided to use it again today. It may be with me throughout RazoRocktober.

Picked up the following items in my WCS order, hopefully they get here before the end of RazoRocktober.

• RazoRock La Famiglia Don Marco Bergamot Neroli Shaving Soap
  • RazoRock La Famiglia Don Marco Bergamot Neroli Aftershave Balm

RazoRocktober 3rd SOTD:

Razor: RazoRock JAWS Open Comb
Blade: Gillette 7 O'Clock Platinum Black (5)
Brush: Edwin Jagger 1EJ872 Badger
Soap/Cream: RazoRock XX Artisan Soap
Aftershave: Pinaud Clubman Lilac Vegetal

First shave with the RazoRock XX soap and it made piles and piles of wonderful lather. I started with my brush a bit too wet so it was a bit airy, but as I worked (in my wonderful Captain's Choice lather bowl) it soon bloomed into some great lather. I ended up putting far more down the drain than I used. I need to get a better grasp on how much (or how little) of it I need to use. Great stuff!!

Last edited:
I too shaved with RR XX this morning. I started with my soaked badger brush shaken out instead of my usual firm squeeze. It worked well and I enjoyed a nice, comfortable shave. Finished off with Evil Eye Lime AS Wax. Another fine shave.

RazoRocktober Shave #3

Italian Barber LE Semogue Boar

RazoRock Evil Eye Lime Shave Gel (as A Pre-Shave)
Gillette Fatboy (1960)
Gillette 7 O'Clock Black
RazoRock S. Maria
RazoRock Alum Stick
Proraso Green Splash

$20131002_175117.jpg

Other than the fact that the Personna lab blade was past its prime had another nice Razorocktober shave!

Today's shave:

Short comb Gillette New w/Super Max Titanium blade on day 2
RazoRock Mudder Focker soap
Frank Shaving Chubby-Type Silvertip brush
Thayer's Rose Petal Witch Hazel
RazoRock Problem Solver
Geo F. Trumper's Coral Skin Food (just a touch on a couple of dry spots)

Nice shave, the Super Max on day 2 was a lot less sharp than on day one. I don't have a particularly tough beard, either!

I accidentally cheated on my October 1 shave and used Cella, because I thought it was still September...
Today went with: RR Zi Peppino soap,
Simpson 56
Gold Dollar 66
Thayers unscented alcohol-free witch hazel, followed up with Nivea Energy AS

Great stuff today guys!

I had one of my favorite shaves today. Its the one I go to when I want a luxury experience. Leaves me feeling like a million bucks!

$RRXXX.jpg

Brush: Italian Barber '12 LE Semogue
Razor: Muhle R41 '11
Blade: Ladas (4)
Soap: RazoRock XXX
Aftershave: Floid Blue

Joe loves SOTD pics, so I thought I'd try and take a good one. :biggrin1:

Top Bottom