What's new

The Return of RazoRocktober!

Used my RR King Louis Lavender soap this morning. Always a pleasant shave with that soap. Finished off with some KotC Lime aftershave balm. I'm gonna try my new Tub of XX and RR Lavender aftershave wax tomorrow.

RazoRocktober is off to a great start! Today I used Don Marco soap and Problem Solver aftershave! Face lathered with a Muhle v02 Synthetic brush. My lather was really wonderful.

Had a great shave with my short comb Gillette New w/Personna Med Prep blade (it's also OCtober!).

Gonna be a month of great shaves.

XXX today followed by the RR alum and a touch of XX AS balm. What a luxury shave.

Ordered the Jaws OC last night, too.

Fantastic! Welcome! Which one will you be trying as your first?

Prep: Hot towel
Razor: 1974 Black handle super adjustable
Brush: VDH boar
Soap: RazoRock Zi Pepino
A/S: Pinaud bay rum
Quality of lather: loose, slick, and comfortable
Result: CCS
Irritation: 2/10

Enter RazoRocktober, and RR's Zi Pepino. A bit spicy, nice finish on it. I'm very very pleased with the scent. Lathered up into a nice loose consistency, very slick and easy to shave with. I'm pleased with their product as a cream, and so far they have some really nice scents.

Shave was a CCS. The bay rum had a bit of a sting, but nothing bad. Had a couple weepers due to adjusting the razor, me thinks.

Finished up with dove after shave balm, and I'm pretty happy with my result. Maybe soon I can march into BBS shaves with confidence ;)

Last edited:
Just placed another order with Joe to replenish some of my RazoRock supplies.

XX Shave Balm
XX Shave Soap
Nonno Michelino Sandalwood Soap
Nonno Michelino After Shave Balm
Shave Gel
After Shave Wax
And even a Sandalwood Bar Soap

I'm set for quite some time!

Today's Shave:

Razor: RazoRock JAWS OC
Blade: Gillette 7 O'Clock Platinum Black
Brush: Semogue 1520
Soap/Cream: Lea Cream
A/S: Captain's Choice Lime

Will be similar tomorrow. Using up the last of the Lea cream before breaking into the RR stuff. Using the JAWS tomorrow as well.

I've only used RazoRock shaving cream and am pretty impressed. October will be a good month to pick up some more to go along with this theme!

Unfortunately I only have the Razorock soaps/creams and the alum stick. Used both this morning for a great shave! Absolutely love their product!

Razor: EJ DE89 head with IKON Bulldog handle.
Brush: Rodney Neep Snow Leopard Extra Silvertip
Soap: Great lather with Don Marco + AFB. Love the neroli scent.
Grand Neroli Atelier Cologne

Another Great RazoRocktober Day!

Aristocrat jr. w/ PolSI
Razorock Bee's Knees
Semogue 610
Razorock AS wax

The shave Rocked! As expected of Razorock soaps.:thumbup1:

I am in with the following items I will be using for most of my shaves this month:

IB boar brush
Razorock Slab Razor
Razorock preshave lube
Razorock XX shaving soap
Floid Blue splash
Razorock XX ASB

Its going to be a good month!

That's an all Italian shave there. What is the XX ASB like? Is it similar to the La Familia balms? I used the soap this morning and love the scent.

Sounds like it! What's the Bees Knees like? I haven't heard much on the scent.

Bee's Knees lathers brilliantly, as do all the Razorock soaps I've tried. The scent for me, is quite mild to say the least. Sometimes I get hints of honeysuckle. Its kinda difficult--Sweet, creamy, waxy are words to (pitifully, sorry) describe the, again, mild scent. But I like it very much, its good soap.
I have a can of Zi' Peppino on the way. I haven't tried that one yet.

Thanks! I would probably choose a different one myself. I'm a solid scent kinda guy. Hope you like the Zi Peppino! Very tough to explain that scent. Closest description I've ever heard, and it's not really a description as much as it is a comparison, is that it is a lighter, slightly greener smelling Tabac scent.

Thanks! I would probably choose a different one myself. I'm a solid scent kinda guy. Hope you like the Zi Peppino! Very tough to explain that scent. Closest description I've ever heard, and it's not really a description as much as it is a comparison, is that it is a lighter, slightly greener smelling Tabac scent.

I'm not good at describing some scents, and this is one of those. I will say the Zi Peppino scent is masculine without being overbearing. It is a very mildly scented product, IMO. As you say, it smells fresh and for some reason I think it smells as if it would be perfect for sensitive skin. I absolutely love it. Supposedly it is a faint smell of tobacco flowers.

I actually used Zi Peppino today (its one of my favorites), its quite mildly scented. It smells a bit floral but still masculine. It's hard to describe but its quite nice and doesn't interfere with aftershaves.

Pre: 60 Leather
Prep: Hot Shower / Neutrogena Razor Defense Face Scrub
Razor: George Wostenholm 11/16 Pipe Razor Full/Extra Hollow
Brush: Ever Ready C40 Restore with TGN 22mm Finest XH
Soap: RazoRock Nonno Michelino
A/S: Proraso Green Splash + RazoRock Don Marco ASB
Quality of lather: Airy
Result: DFS -

Normal 2 pass shave - added a little touch-up pass on the neck that added the extra irritation.

I think I may have left too much water in my brush. The lather was still too airy and bubbly. I'll dial it in I am sure.

Tried the Don Marco ASB and so far so good. We'll see as the day goes on how it feels on the skin, but right after putting it on, just a little goes a long way, it doesn't seem greasy.

Forgot to post this yesterday.
Tuesday:

Prep: Hot shower, Dove Men's Care Hydrate Face Wash, Cold Water Shave
Brush: VDH Boar
Soap: RazoRock Fresco
Razor: Canadian New Long Comb with Maggard MR20 Handle
Blade: Shark SS
Post: Cold water rinse, Alum, cold water rinse, Loreal ASB
Cologne: Dollar Tree knock off of Angel by Thierry Mugler

Until I get my shipment with the RazoRock Classic soap and the RazoRock Alum (hopefully today) not much is going to be changing with this as the month goes.

RazoRock Shave of the Day - Oct 2

Razor: RazoRock JAWS OC
Blade: Gillette 7 O'Clock Platinum Black (4)
Brush: Semogue 1800
Soap/Cream: Lea Cream
A/S: Pinaud Clubman Special Reserve

My Lea cream is gone, so will be digging into my samples tomorrow morning. Brain Freeze, XX, and King of the Castle Lavender.

Any votes for which one should be first?

Top Bottom