What's new

The Return of RazoRocktober!

I'm in!!! I have some to start, and will be placing an order soon for more.

Currently:

Nonno Michelino (sample from a PIF)
Don Marco ASB
XXX
888 Eucalyptus

Planning on ordering:
Alum (block or stick; not sure which)
XX
KOTC Lime

It starts tomorrow! I think I'm going to give XX its first go for the fish shave of razorocktober!

Those prices Joe is offering are great! Must resist till Christmas...

Last edited:
It starts tomorrow! I think I'm going to give XX its first go for the fish shave of razorocktober!

Those prices Joe is offering are great! Must resist till Christmas...

I've got to make it the rest of the year! I've been going strong since January in the 2013 Sabbatical and I don't wanna treewhale out now.... But this month and Joe's sales may yet be the end of me...

A guy could do far worse though, am I right? :biggrin1:

In other news... I dropped a retaliatory RazoRocktober bomb on the Tabactober thread earlier today and it's gone completely unanswered. All's Quiet on the Tabac Front... Ya think we got 'em?
:tank:

Prep: Hot Shower / Neutrogena Razor Defense Face Scrub
Razor: Barbers Razor
Brush: Da Vinci 290
Soap: RazoRock Nonno Michelino
A/S: Clubman
Quality of lather: Kind of Airy
Result: DFS
Irritation: 2/10

Today starts RazoRocktober, so I broke out the RR Nonno Michelino. I whipped up an airy/bubbly lather. It wasn't horrible, just wasn't great either. I have to get used to lathering this one. That's ok, I have all month right?

Shave was a DFS. The Alum only stung a very little bit, and the Clubman had a bit of a sting, but nothing bad. All in all a pretty DFS!!!

Question for everyone: I have a bit of an oily face, and usually balms and me don't mix too well. I haven't used the Don Marco ASB yet. Does it leave a greasy feeling? I will probably give it a go tomorrow.

I'm still not finished with my 3017'ing of the Coates cream, but it should be done soon. My only RR product this morning was the alum, but it's better than nothing, right?

I started a few hours earlier as I shave in the evenings. The hardware and software of choice for my first Razorocktober participation:

Pre-War Gillette Fat Handle Tech
Personna Lab
Liojuny Silvertip
RazoRock XX
Dickinson's Witch Hazel
Adidas Dynamic Pulse
RazoRock XX ASB

I will openly admit that I have neglected my XX soap/balm. It has been at least a month (maybe 2) since I last used them since I was on a small purchasing spree and was trying to 3017 another soap. With that said, I am really looking forward to re-acclimating myself with XX as its performance was absolutely stellar. Compared to what I have been using, I could swear that lather would form if I just stared at the soap. Awesome stuff!

Here's what I'm going into RazoRocktober with..... for now (I can't believe these deals Joe is putting on).

First official shave was with the JAWS razor with a Gillette Black blade. I'm trying to 3017 my Lea cream and have only one or two days left. Super smooth shave this morning with only 2 passes. The more I use it, the more I love the JAWS razor.

Can't wait to dig into the RR samples. I want to use them up as soon as the Lea is gone and then dig into the full size tubs.

Also, one quick RR question. I got two samples in the same order. One of XX and one of King of the Castle Lavender. The samples are unmarked. Anyone have any good descriptions of the scents so I can tell them apart? They both smell very clean to me.

RazorRocking this mornings shave:

Italian Barber LE Semogue Boar
RazoRock Evil Eye Lime Shave Gel (as A Pre-Shave)
Gillette Fatboy (1960)
Gillette 7 O'Clock Black
RazoRock S. Maria
RazoRock Alum Stick
Speick

I haven't used the S. Maria in months, so I have to get used to the right water/soap mix again.It did produced a very nice,creamy lather today.
Also, the
Italian Barber LE Semogue Boar Brush is one of my favorites and makes some great (face) lather. :thumbup:

I've got to make it the rest of the year! I've been going strong since January in the 2013 Sabbatical and I don't wanna treewhale out now.... But this month and Joe's sales may yet be the end of me...

A guy could do far worse though, am I right? :biggrin1:

In other news... I dropped a retaliatory RazoRocktober bomb on the Tabactober thread earlier today and it's gone completely unanswered. All's Quiet on the Tabac Front... Ya think we got 'em?
:tank:

Joe mentioned that the sale might be a semi-permanent, so might be able to stock up in the new year

Great retaliatory strike, I think they know we mean business now. We're no pushovers and the force is strong with us :a45:

Also, First shvae of Razorrocktober with XX. As expected, its another great product and the scent is pretty amazing too.

Kicked off Razoroctober with a bang!

$20130930_175643.jpg

RazoRoctober is officially here! I had my first shave of the month, and it was great. I said I was going to be green... Well, see for yourself!
$photo12.jpg

Thats my:
Green B&B Essential Brush
Muhle R41('11)
Ladas Blade (3)
RazoRock King of the Castle Lime
RazoRock Evil Eye Lime AS Lotion

I seriously love the LIME!

Way to go so far guys! Great shaves! A couple guys had questions, and I believe I have answers for you:

Rob - You asked about an oily face and the Don Marco ASB. I, too tend to be oily and as such HATE balms. I have only found one that works for me, and that happens to be Don Marco! I suggest though, take small dabs on your finger and rub it into small areas at a time. Let it absorb. Its not greasy, but if you put too much on it'll bother you. Also, its mentholated, surprise, surprise, and it feels nice and cool. Also, about your Nonno Michelino, best I can suggest to help you out would be to start with a wetter brush, not Marco Method wet but not all shook out. Load for a solid 30 secs, and add just a few drops along the way. That stuff wants to be thick and creamy. Hope that helps a bit!

Jeff - If you're familiar with lavender, it should stand right out. If not, I'll try and help ya. Lavender is a somewhat sharp, herbal, earthy scent. It's clean and fresh and somewhat calming. The XX is a cologne type scent that, to me, was a bit floral. Manly, but flowery to me. I hope that helps, scent descriptions are so tough!

Keep rockin' you guys! Great start!

Thanks for the feedback on the scents, John!

I placed another order with IB to get a few more things for RazoRockotber and looks like I duplicated John's software.

RazoRock Evil Eye Lime Aftershave
RazoRock King of the Castle Artisan Shaving Soap - Lime
RazoRock Artisan Shave Soap - Bee's Knees

AND

The RazoRock SLAB razor. Been wanting that one for a while. Can't wait until it gets here.

I am in with the following items I will be using for most of my shaves this month:

IB boar brush
Razorock Slab Razor
Razorock preshave lube
Razorock XX shaving soap
Floid Blue splash
Razorock XX ASB

Its going to be a good month!

You're welcome Jeff! GREAT choices man!

When this year of Sabbatical is over, I'm gonna go nuts! I did just survive a shopping trip at IB though! So hard! I had to buy a couple Gillette Guard razors for my wife and son. Had to buy myself something though..... so I grabbed a bottle of the new RazoRock Lime Shampoo! You know I'll be using that all month!

Top Bottom