What's new

The perfect tuna fish sandwich

Anyone make their own mayo? It's one of the most ridiculously easy things to do.

I used to make it for a high end resturant when I was a teenager many years ago. Funny, I haven't given it much thought since then but your right it is so simple to make....
Perhaps I should start making my on as I remember it was very tasty as well.

Alacrity59

Wanting for wisdom
Anyone make their own mayo? It's one of the most ridiculously easy things to do.

I tried once . . .turned out like machine oil . . . I will try again in the fullness of time. I'll add this random thought . . . there is almost no better taste in the world than a bacon . . .lettuce . . . and a tomato sandwich on toasted 12 grain bread with mayo. . . . ha give me a 1.5 inch custom name in the room now. . ha

Usual method:Open can of tuna (whatever is in pantry) look at loaf of bread. Eat tuna.

:biggrin:

There are lots of recipes on here I'd like to try, here usually for tuna salad it's canned tuna, a little relish, mayo on white bread.(SWMBO) I like a good tuna melt, preferably with tuna and mustard (and of course cheese) grilled.

John P.

Tuna Fish (Albacore packed in water)
Mayonnaise
Brown Mustard (the grainier the better)
Sweet Relish

Served on toasted Sourdough

Ok, first the tuna itself:
Take 1 can of flaked light tuna in water, probably CloverLeaf, but brand is unimportant.
Drain the tuna well and empty it from the can into a bowl. Let your cat pick the can clean.
To the bowl, add 1 chopped green onion, 1/2 chopped garlic dill pickle (or 1 chopped babydill). Add 1/2 tsp of yellow mustard, then enough Hellman's Mayonaisse to make it creamy but not gloppy. Mix well, season with a touch of salt and ample pepper.

Serve between two slices of toasted rye bread with a leaf of boston lettuce in there too. Good for rainy and snowy days.

A bit of threadzurrection here but I just had lunch consisting of;
Cloverleaf (I think) pre-seasoned lemon & dill tuna on crackers and pita bread with a black olive and caper tappenade. Great combo.

When I first saw this thread I had never eaten canned tuna, or any other non-sushi tuna for that matter. (Grew up vegetarian, had avoided fish for a long time due to the "fishy" smell)

After being exposed to tuna in Italy, my girlfriend and I are making an effort to eat more tuna. This thread will provide many cans worth of experimental sandwiches.

We picked up a bunch of "Rio Mare" yellow fin in olive oil as that was pretty much the standard in Italy, along with a few small pre-seasoned Cloverleaf ones to "acclimatize" our palates and for quick and easy lunches.

Top Bottom