What's new

Regional Sandwiches You Need to Try in Your Lifetime! ;-)

Taylor Ham...or Pork Roll......
Be careful who you ask...
Jersey's version of the Mason-Dixon line.

1702293117424.png

A good mate of mine wrote a book on this, (or at least sandwiches from around the world, not just the US). Worth a look if you can find because she is a spectacularly good food writer:

Columbo

Mr. Codgers Neighborhood
I like a good cheesesteak too, Jim’s being a good example. I’m not sure if they’ve reopened yet after the fire.

About 45 years ago, Jim's on South Street probably made about the best cheesesteak in the City. The crown has been passed around since. And since I don't eat them or get down there much anymore, I can't tell you where the best one is today. But in the very early 80s, Jim's was the best ... and I would know.

Now if you're talking about Philly sandwiches, then you must also include the Hoagie. You haven't had one until you've had one out of the heart of the City. A superior one is all about the bread, and South Philly at one time was one of the best Italian baking spots in America.

It's a very different town today. But that was the skinny on it then.

Since we're talking about Philadelphia foods, don't forget some scrapple and eggs the next morning.

mcee_sharp

MCEAPWINMOLQOVTIAAWHAMARTHAEHOAIDIAMRHDAE
Not the ''best looking presentation'' ..... if that advacado, i'm not eating it, but if it that fancy pants stuff guacamole I'm sure it woulda tasted real good :D
Damn tasty though. It's kind of like a South American version of my favourite Mexican torta (the Crispin from the Tres Lagunas area).

Damn tasty though. It's kind of like a South American version of my favourite Mexican torta (the Crispin from the Tres Lagunas area).
mmmm roasted Guinea Pigs [not] [saw them traded in the streets, and on platters cooked, but never tried them just not eating a pet]

The locals reserved them for either Special Occasions [think weddings etc] or for dumb Two Wrists :letterk1: [tourists]

Last edited:
Top Bottom