What's new

The next watch you're eyeballing?

Love it, IFssr. That is a perfectly done timepiece, in the best materials possible for that version.

There are more than a few AL&S owners here.

My Datograph is one of my most treasured possessions.

AL&S fly so far under the radar of most people's understanding of what makes something truly great, that I avoid even speaking about watches with most others.

They do "the elegance of simplicity" extremely well. Used to live in Germany, so this is a nice reminder. I really like the Lange 1, but may go for the steel GO Panograph instead to save some coin. SWMBO is getting a little concerned how first the custom bikes, now the watches seem to multiply.

Nice little ALS movie here if you haven't seen it already: http://www.hodinkee.com/blog/20-years-of-lange-video

My SARG007 has the 6R15 movement, which hacks and handwinds. It gains around 4-5 seconds a day. I have an app on my iphone I play around with that tracks the accuracy. I reset it every sunday, when it has been around 30 seconds fast. Of course, nothing near the plus or minus 1 second a year you can expect with a really good quartz, but it's got soul, not unlike a harley davidson, haha.

UPDATE! I figured out that by NOT hand winding it, and storing it overnight flat on the caseback, face up... it's now been running just +.3 seconds a day. POINT THREE!

Not bad at all for a low-end automatic field watch.

Anyway... since this thread is about watches you want, not watches you have, I will submit the newest one to catch my eye... the Prometheus Sailfish

Attachments

• $Picture 4.jpg
    $Picture 4.jpg
    45.6 KB · Views: 268
  • $Picture 6.png
    $Picture 6.png
    396 KB · Views: 273
I like the Sailfish. To me it is between that and a Borealis Sea Hawk (wishing that the Francis Drake was still available). Can't decide if I want to go witht eh Blancpain Fifty Fathoms look or the Rolex/Tudor look.

Saw the video a while back, but thanks again.

As a student of Aikido for a number of years, I find the term "yielding forcefully" to be an accurate description of of both the martial art and of AL&S watches.

When met with an over-sized, blinged out timepiece, the AL&S may seemed a bit understated...until the details come out, and then the match is settled and the big guy falls.

garyg

B&B membership has its percs
No recent love for the lunar complications? Here's mine before using the Micromatic on me arm ..
He's the hairy handed gent who ran amuck in Kent
Lately he's been overheard in Mayfair

Aw-Woo

$cslunar eclipse.jpg

The watches in my collection are quite functional, so I'm thinking that I 'need' something more formal. These are what I'm looking at:

Cartier Balon Bleu
$cartier-ballon-bleu-1108-lg-5589855.jpg

or if the price tag of 14000GBP (22500USD) wasn't an issue, a Parmigiani Tonda 1950 but I have heard that they depreciate like last year's laptop so I may get a used one

$tonda-1950-black.jpg

But then again, I've always had an eye on a Rolex Explorer I or a Breitling Aerospace....

An excellent choice. I love the coin edges on those cases, and their dial detail work is always stunning.

I've narrowed my focus down to JLC Master Compressor Navy Seal and a JLC Reverso Duodate 986.

Master Compressor Navy Seal
$Diving Navy.jpg

Reverso Duo Date 986.
$Reverso Duodate 986 3.jpg

$Reverso Duodate 986 2.jpg

Was eyeballing, but just got an Armand Nicolet J09 automatic. Sapphire crystal back and front, double AR coating, very accurate and heavy. Highly recommended.
$WP_20141022_001.jpg

Top Bottom