What's new

Tell us about your espresso machine

Whilliam

First Class Citizen
Obviously, I can't give medical advice to strangers, or anyone, really. My high blood pressure is under control with medication and I allow myself one espresso or cappuccino each morning. I've given up alcohol and a lot of other things completely, but I'm not giving up espresso.
Espresso, because of the speed of steam extraction, generally contains less caffeine than coffee brewed by other methods. Or so I'm told.

Soon after I stopped posting in this forum I became very active in the Home Barista forum - another fine place on the interweb. It wasn't long before I was shopping for an espresso machine and decided to pick up a La Spaziale Mini Vivaldi II and a Niche grinder.

I have to say if there was one thing that kept me from going bonkers during the pandemic it was this humble little machine. It's def not the fanciest or best espresso machine out there, but it has a very deep reputation for being a flawless workhorse capable of performing well above its price day in and day out. And I can surly attest to that.

I've thought about upgrading in the future but I really don't think I ever will - it's just a fun lil machine to use and can make exceptional espresso in the right hands...

:sailor:

IMG_0238 copy.jpg

So, I've been enjoying this automatic Jura ENA 4 for a few weeks!
Upgraded from a small drip brewer using ground coffee from Baratza grinder.
This compact Jura only does espresso and coffee, no steam or milk.
So far, overall great results!
Does it all, grind beans, prepares the puck, pulls the shot.
Super easy, very consistent and repeatable.
Espresso has wonderful crema plus a little bit of aeration, i suppose due to the 'pulse pressure extraction' process.
I'm using lavazza crema whole beans, a favorite.
There are three strength choices; from what I've measured, seems like 8-12-15 gram shots.
Also a provision to use ground coffee separately, such as decaf.
Not a unit for high volume drinks; but since I'm only coffee person in the house, that's not an issue.
However the footprint is really small, a big plus for our kitchen.
Downsides...I'd like the temp to be a bit higher; the daily cleanup is easy but a little cumbersome.
Overall, a wonderful coffee unit!

Soon after I stopped posting in this forum I became very active in the Home Barista forum - another fine place on the interweb. It wasn't long before I was shopping for an espresso machine and decided to pick up a La Spaziale Mini Vivaldi II and a Niche grinder.

I have to say if there was one thing that kept me from going bonkers during the pandemic it was this humble little machine. It's def not the fanciest or best espresso machine out there, but it has a very deep reputation for being a flawless workhorse capable of performing well above its price day in and day out. And I can surly attest to that.

I've thought about upgrading in the future but I really don't think I ever will - it's just a fun lil machine to use and can make exceptional espresso in the right hands...

:sailor:
I got the same espresso machine several years ago! Excellent choice! :)

Bought my fourth Ponte Vecchio Export yesterday. To good an offer to let it go by.

Attachments

• IMG_20230513_074531.jpg
    IMG_20230513_074531.jpg
    796 KB · Views: 11
  • IMG_20230512_121142.jpg
    IMG_20230512_121142.jpg
    764.5 KB · Views: 11
Top Bottom