What's new

The new scuttle is here!

How much that thing run ya if you don't mind me asking...

I think it was about $40. My total, which included the scuttle, two tea cups, and shipping, was $72, and I know the tea cups are $12 each. I have also heard that the price might fluctuate a bit as the final design is worked out, in case it is more labor-intensive.

I think it was about $40. My total, which included the scuttle, two tea cups, and shipping, was $72, and I know the tea cups are $12 each. I have also heard that the price might fluctuate a bit as the final design is worked out, in case it is more labor-intensive.

It will actually decrease in the future. I was looking into a group buy on these but they currently cant offer a discount because of labor costs. They are still 100% handmade. They will be casting them in the future, but still hand firing and glazing them. They are projecting a date of June/July for the transition to be complete. Currently they run $38 for the scuttle, $8 shipping, and $3 handling. At least when I talked with them about 3 - 4 weeks ago.

It will actually decrease in the future. I was looking into a group buy on these but they currently cant offer a discount because of labor costs. They are still 100% handmade. They will be casting them in the future, but still hand firing and glazing them. They are projecting a date of June/July for the transition to be complete. Currently they run $38 for the scuttle, $8 shipping, and $3 handling. At least when I talked with them about 3 - 4 weeks ago.

Cool - I stand corrected! I definitely think it's worth it. I know I said it before, but I'll say it again - Georgetown is a great pottery shop. My wife and I stumbled on their main shop while visiting relatives last year. If you're ever in Maine (especially if you end up near Bath), it's a very worthwhile stop.

Top Bottom