What's new

The new scuttle is here!

The Georgetown scuttle just arrived today, and it's awesome! The tea cup is also the perfect size for a cake of Gold Dachs Spezial.

proxy.php

proxy.php

TC, she is a beauty no doubt. I like that color combo. I think I am going to order some Ramekins for soap to match my scuttle.

congrats

Have either of you two (Tiggercat & iron maiden) used them yet. I have been considering one of these, but there have been some mixed reviews. Please, I am not trying to rain on your parade, I love the way they look, I would just like to get some more feedback on these prior to a purchase. So please, keep us informed on your thoughts with them.

Have either of you two (Tiggercat & iron maiden) used them yet. I have been considering one of these, but there have been some mixed reviews. Please, I am not trying to rain on your parade, I love the way they look, I would just like to get some more feedback on these prior to a purchase. So please, keep us informed on your thoughts with them.

I tried it for the first time last night, and it will definitely take a bit of experimentation. It is sized right and has the handle in the right spot to hold the scuttle in your palm, but you have to get the hang of it so as not to spill the water from the inner chamber. For my first try, I decided to leave it on the counter.

The raised rings helped to create lather, and the lather definitely stayed warm. If Jeff does make an improved version with a raised bottom, that will be even better.

My biggest adjustment will be trying to avoid spilling water. I usually hold my lather bowl in my hand and move it around as I wipe lather from the upper edges of the bowl - that won't work in a scuttle, which requires more movement from the brush.

Bottom line - I like it, and recommend it. It requires an adjustment (from me, at least), but the end result, as well as the appearance, make it all worthwhile.

Just ordered mine. Can't wait to get it, together with my new Shavemac finest and Merkur 34G with Feather blades a great shaving future is awaiting me :)

Top Bottom